Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at an Indiana program today for freshman. After it was all over, i notice i have a dent next to my exhaust tip. So, i quickly get home, and to my recolection(sp) i look at my sisters jeep and oops, theres a dent with black paint on it. My sister was never going to tell me, b!tch. My dad noticed it, and he flipped out. Sorry for rambling on, just wanted to say that 16 year old girl drivers are horrible.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I'm *sure* you didn't mean to overgeneralize like that but just to restate, it could have just as easily been a guy who didn't have a clue how to drive who did that... I wish the only bad drivers were of one gender of another, then it'd be really easy to keep bad drivers off the road...
Sadly doesn't work that way... Just arrived back home from the Saginaw to Columbus Ohio and back trip... Encountered more horrible drivers (every gender and race) tan I could believe... Scary...

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
yeah, nice generalization
...guy driver's hit my bumpers all the time, asshol&$!

i guess thats why insurance is higher for guys than girls, eh? or is that too general of a statement???

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
how is that right for insurance, almost every girl i know has either put it in the ditch and roled, or hit something and totaled, except like 2 or 3. whereas only my friend andrew has wrecked a truck, course was his truck but he wasnt driving

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know for a fact it was my sister cause she said i parked my truck in a tight spot which i didnt. So, in fact it was here. Yes i did generalize, sorry i do it all the time. Most girls i know are good drivers, except for my mom, sister, some friends, and def. my gf. She will be 17 in a few weeks, and she already has 2 tickets.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Aah, but number of tickets means nothing... I've got a few tickets under my belt, nothing that was excessively wrong, couple excessive speed and that's pretty much all... Am better driver than a good share of people.. Only accident have been in was not my fault, other party got ticket, etc...
Anybody can be an excellent driver, just depends on how well they pay attention, and so forth...

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sandman, i agree. But, everyone has a cell phone in my town. Every girl always has to be on her cell because they think they need to always talk to someone. I see accidents like this happen all the time. They are on their cell phones, and dont pay attention. Its just a life lesson.

·
Registered
306 Posts
the reason guy premiums are higher is that when a girl bangs into our car and drives off we make a claim. when a girl bangs into another girls car niether of them notice it for 3 years and even then dont care.

·
Registered
506 Posts
the reason guy's insurance is higher is that men love to show off and do stupid stuff that end up in tragedies, im sure alcohol has effected more males in accidents than females. Most girls i know tend to drive more calmly then guys, my mom is a terrible driver but she drives soo slow that she never gets in wrecks. There are some girls i dont mind riding with, then there are girls i absolutely am terrified to ride with, bc the experience isnt there. Im comfortable to ride with 99% of my male friends when they drive normal. Instead they race their cars, drive impatiently, and do dumb stuff.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Yeah it really blows to we have to pay more, I think old people are the ones who need to be looked at... They drive BAD.. I live in Florida SO I SHOULD KNOW! :p
Well I'll put it like this... My oldest sister has wreaked one car.. totaled it, little Maxima Diesel about 8 years ago. She hit black ice and a Jeep hit her, I also think she hit the brakes :p But alot of girls just seem not to be *there* when there driving, like he said they are always on a cell phone... But guys I KNOW show off... Every damn stop light most of us screech some rubber and make fast lane changes... argh pisses me off. So far I have had no tickets, but do not drive much... So how bad is the damage?

G

·
It's a known fact that if you ask just about anyone if they feel they are a good driver the answer will be YES.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Well, 16-20 year old girls are more likely to get in small accidents. 16-20 year old guys are more likely to get in big accidents. Plus, guys have a habit of racing. I think it's kind of unfair because if you were to compare total cost per miles driven the guy would come out costing less.

It's usually the girls around here that do stupid stuff that doesn't cost much. They get infinitely stupid the moment they have passengers. The average girl wouldn't have a single problem driving if they didn't have their bestest buddies in the car and they weren't talking about flavored condoms. They're the ones you see peeling the tire off the rim while trying to "parallel" park. They're the same ones you see driving all winter with mildly smashes fenders from sliding in to things. They're also the ones most likely to pull out in front of you when you haven't seen asphalt in two weeks on the roads because of the snow. My neighbor is a prime example of stupidity and she's in her mid twenties. She smashed her Grand Am twice in half a year. The first time she tried to speed by a guy in the Wal-mart parking lot that was backing out instead of just waiting for him to get out. The second time she backed in to a truck.

Around here, it's the guys that total the vehicles. They're the ones that are happy with no back brakes because it's cheaper to not have them. They tend to wrap their vehicles around telephone poles in the winter. They also have a habit of driving too fast for the conditions.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
hmm, i think our drivers ed program should have some winter driving in it, most of the girls dont get that when you hit the breaks on ice you dont stop sliding. i had a running board on my scottsdale last year get banged up pretty good when a freshman (on a school permit) slid into my truck with a berretta. i parked in the back of hte lot like i always do, im walkin up to school, see the girl comin flying down the road(messing with her hair in the mirrors none the less) and i turn back to walking towards the school then i hear skidddddddddddd, then a litte bare ground skid and a big bump. it only got bent a bit, cuz the car sorta slid at a 45 degree angle, but was funny when she just backed up parked her car...and never said a word to me about it, but whenever i would say hi, she kinda got all uneasy talking to me...like i didnt notice i had a dent. even if there is about 20 dents in my truck...i know what they are all from

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
In Michigan we do (or at least had when I was doing it) three stages of driving. On your permit it required you to have 30 hours of daytime driving and 10 hours of night time driving before you could apply for a stage two driver's license. The way things worked out it was late January by the time you could get the stage two driver's license so you definitely got some snow driving. This, of course, was more than five years ago now.

I would've just said something to the girl, something "smart". If she was one of those preppy girls I'd say "Why, my dear Wanda, you have the driving ability of Michael Shumacker." If she was one of the "ghetto" chicks I'd say something a little less friendly. If it were a respectable girl I'd probably just say "you didn't try hard enough".

We used to have accidents all the time. Towards the end of my stay they made one drive exit only. Most of the time it was people speeding excessively and people not paying attention while backing out. The last few weeks of my stay the assistant principal would come out and direct traffic and tell the cops which kids squealed tires.

I used to park towards the front of the parking lot (furthest from the school) and you didn't have to worry about anything other than a couple friends getting a little too wild doing donuts and smokeshows. Well, you'd have kids smoking around there and loitering because it was so far away. I had a kid run a finger down the side of my dirty truck trying to be funny and I told him not to do it because it'd scratch it. He didn't listen. I threw him over the fence and he sprung his wrist when he landed.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
hehe

I know. That's the first thing I removed from my truck when I got it. It already looked like an oldfartmobile as it was and it certainly didn't need running boards to help it along.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
G

·
Well, I was on the way home with my new atv in the back of my truck one day. I was taking my time in the right hand lane of the freeway and I had to get over in the middle lane to allow cars to enter on the right.
Some girl still in the right hand lane is gabbing away on her cell phone and decides to just move over to the middle lane without looking.
She comes over and her back bumper hits my front quarter panel and she still never even saw me. When she hit my truck it forced her back into the right hand lane. I'm laying on the horn and she is still talking on her phone, oblivious to the fact that she hit me. I guess she finally realized she never made it to the center lane so she comes over a second time and all this time she is still talking on the phone.
The second time I lock up my brakes and my front bumper hooks her back bumper and about sends my truck into a 360.
After her back bumper gets peeled off she finally puts her phone down and pulls off the road.
When I go up to her car to see if shes ok she is back on the phone. She looks up and says I'm so sorry I didn't see you, I was on the phone.
She said what should I do and I said how about calling the highway patrol because I know you have a phone. The cop said she admitted she wasn't watching what she was doing because she was on the phone. It's like she thought that was a valid excuse for causing an accident. I guarantee it wasn't her 1st accident and I'm sure it won't be her last.
I give any woman on the phone a wide berth now when I'm on the highway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.