·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
I feel your pain brother. The "family" wagon gets about 11 mpg around town and we don't want to talk about what my Jeep gets.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I actualy mad the statement the other day i lucked out and got Diesel for 2.39 a gal.... I was ashamed after I said that. Heck I made the family sit home last weekend cause it just cost to much to fill the tanks up. 50.00 bucks in the jeep this week and it sits in the garage the bulk of the time.

·
Registered
946 Posts
AMEN. Even though I get 18mpg with my CJ5, it sits more and more and I'm driving my beater Neon.

Heck I'm even "planning" trips to the grocery store and stuff. Thank God for Giant Eagle. Were erned 1.76 OFF per gallon this time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Time to fill the Van's tank.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
definatly...i only buy the "LOL" grade gas myself, the other stuffs not worth it anymore.

i havent been taking the jeep out much for this very reason.....my lil toyota get 30-40mpg dependig on driving but it still makes an impact at the pump

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
21 gallon tank, $2.55/gallon, 31 (highway) miles one way to work, 16-17mpg on the highway in the ZJ....

I'm filling up once a week at $50+ and from what I here the LOL gas is gonna be WTF soon enough......

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Motorcycles are looking more attractive.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Take off all the taxes on gas - it'd be cheap!

Let the politicians starve! We don't need any of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I remember a while back seeing a sticker on a gas pump that showed the price of gas + the state tax + the federal tax + whatever other tax. Don't recall the numbers, but it was basically 75% of the cost of gas was taxes.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif

·
Registered
875 Posts
Man...That ain't nothing! I walk everywhere I go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just joking, at least for now anyways! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Yea, I know what you mean! The wife and I are traveling together everywhere now. Usually leave my truck down in the valley and commute back up the hill in her rig.

Most of the State & Fed excise taxes on gas are set per gallon .... ie they haven't gone up (politicans will be changing that soon!).
But sales taxes are per dollar ..... ie they have gone way up.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cussing.gif

I did laugh at the photo in the first post but not very long.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/RockOn.gif

·
Registered
854 Posts
100 Mile Roundtrip Commute Per Day - 20 to 30 mpg Cavalier. New Gas Prices = Extra $2200 per year in gas. If it goes up another buck a gallon = new Prius. The Prius payment and the gas bill will be less than what I would be paying for gas.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Remember the ol' Price = Supply and Demand? What a bunch of BS when OPEC is involved in price fixing the price of oil. So let's look at what the price is for a gallon of gas in some of the OPEC countries (That does of course, reflect a little lower transportation/refine costs and lack of US import/state/local taxes):

• Riyadh Saudi Arabia $0.91
  • Kuwait City Kuwait $0.78
  • Cairo Egypt $0.65
  • Lagos Nigeria $0.38
  • Caracas Venezuela $0.12

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
That is It I am moving to Venezuela, pretty place and I can live on the beach in my jeep... HA no tax money from me...... Oh wait,,, don't think the wife likes that Idea!!

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
She would love it, except for the maids /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I don't think sierra club is down there yet!

Any you get to pay the polititions thier due, personally!

Oh Jeff, I know you would like to be a federale!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think sierra club is down there yet!

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I think I read a few days ago that London drivers were paying $7.00 @ gallon. If, oil hits $70.00 a barrel and it probably will get close to that for a day or three, we'll be paying $3.00 a gallon.

It was a very bad time for me to tag the 360 powered Wagoneer for my wife. She's a homemaker and still manages to burn up $100.00 a week in gas. The gas for my DD is free but we're still feeling it as she was getting by with $20.00 a week in gas this time last year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts