Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's weed-end after father's day and any Twin Cityian knows what that means...

The MSRA Back to the 50's Hot Rod show.

Now I'm to darn poor to go, but each year I sit up on I-94 on the Wisconsin side of the St. Croix, for a couple of hours on the Thrusday or Friday before the show. Then I can look down watch all the cars coming up from Wisconsin and Chicago. Wow, what a treat... Good ol' vintage American Iron doing 65mph all for my entertainment. I don't get to see all 10,000 that will be there, but I get to see a few of 'em running!

Life is good!

G

·
Today I was on the interstate traveling between Mountain Home and Boise. The speed limit was posted 75. I was cruising at a steady pace of 80 when I was passed by an early '70 -late '60 Plymouth satelite sebring. It was cruising right along not even breaking a sweat, and eating up the hills maintaining speed. I had to play with the throttle of my '89 Jimmy with 350TBI to keep up.
I love sights like those. That's a bone stock mopar for ya.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have the Cache Valley Cruise-in here over the 4th of July. Early iron only. I live only a couple of blocks from the fair grounds where they host the show, so I get to see a lot of them driving by. My youngest son has a 67 VW that we will enter in the show next year. I have thought about entering the jeep, but it's still too 'utilitarian' for show.
Those cars are fun to see but I could never spend that many $$$$ on vehicles that were more for show than use.

BP

Brent & Sons
49-CJ3A, 51-CJ3A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.