Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see it.

If you're looking for 120 min of stunts in the General Lee, and hot scantily clad chicks, then this is the film to watch.

Not much story but I thought it was still a very good funny film.

Go see it if you're looking for some mindless action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are you kidding me........

Got me through puberty;

Should help with middle age quite nicely;

What's not to like?
Should have stayed with a CJ though, IMO.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Got me through puberty;

Should help with middle age quite nicely;

What's not to like?
Should have stayed with a CJ though, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typically I'm going for the blonde.... but those legs on the hood of a CJ!!!!

Thanks for the reminder Tater. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Got me through puberty;

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... The good ole days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodpost.gif

I learned how to drive watching that show. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif

Air born and all, YeeeeHaaaaaawwww!!!

·
Registered
852 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Went to see it.

If you're looking for 120 min of stunts in the General Lee, and hot scantily clad chicks, then this is the film to watch.

Not much story but I thought it was still a very good funny film.

Go see it if you're looking for some mindless action /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. Awesome movie. Hot Jessica... Awesome cars and a nice Jeep thrown in the mix.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
It would have been a lot better if (Greg would have noticed)(And Joel would have picked-up) Jessica at the Bash, instead they just kept driving by!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I saw the 'Making Of' show the other night on cable...

Seems Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Brittany Spears (and one other I can't remember the name of) all passed when offered the part of 'Daisy Duke'.

Jessica Simpson said, "I watch that show on Nick At Nite all the time! It sounds fun!"
They also showed her learning how to do some of her own stunts, and she's on camera saying, "The little boys like their cars best, but I like the Jeeps!"

I normally don't like blondes, but I'm warming up to her!

·
Registered
630 Posts
it was a great show and the movie looks good to

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Julia Roberts: Too old and too seasoned & serious of an actress for a B-movie

Jessica Alba: don't think the country thing would've worked with her and this would've been a down-grade from Sin City and Fantastic Four...they would've had to sign her around the time she did Honey.

Brittany Spears: too pregnant, but I think she could've pulled it off without Jessica Simpson's ditziness.

Jessica Simpson: I can take her or leave her. Not really into blondes and I find what she shows of her personality to be grating. Nice rack, but that's about it.

I *loved* the original TV series, but I'm not stoked to see the movie. 'Daisy' can be credited with sparking my love of Jeeps, hot legs and hot brunettes. I think they were attempting to follow a similar vein to the Starsky & Hutch movie...schlocking up a TV series. Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott are comic actors for the simple-minded...adding Jessica Simpson makes it a trifecta of stupid. I'm sure I'll rent it (I pay $200 for as many rentals as I want for a year, so it's no real loss of rental fee) for the stunts and to see just how bad of a train wreck it is, but they won't get any box office bucks outta me.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think everyone has to remember that it's basically a remake of what WAS a crappy a show. I think everyone can agree that it was a crappy show. I'm not saying the show wasn't enjoyable, but I would rank it up amongst the CHiP's and A-Team's of the world.

So, you can't expect the movie to be oscar-worthy. The movie is exactly what the show was. An orange car making unrealistic jumps and a hot chick be-bopping around in a white Jeep.

If you go to the movie with that expectation, I say you'll enjoy it immensely.

If you have try to re-do the Chevette with the same, basic parts. You can't demand anything beyond what the original Chevette performed at.

Sean

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
... but I would rank it up amongst the CHiP's and A-Team's of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

you say that as if CHiP's and A-team were good shows..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
Registered
214 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone has to remember that it's basically a remake of what WAS a crappy a show. I think everyone can agree that it was a crappy show. I'm not saying the show wasn't enjoyable, but I would rank it up amongst the CHiP's and A-Team's of the world.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You must be higher educated than me.
2. That education is likely more books than experience.
3. You hint Chips and A-Team didn't rock your socks.
4. Boss Hogg was not one of your favorite characters ever.
(Only Jethro and Granny topped the Boss)
5. The stupidest thing you have to say is:
"I think everyone can agree....." How stupid can you be?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/chair.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

G

·
When my wife was in Labor with our last kid.I come home from work,she said she was in labor.Me whats for Supper?

Then I take a nap.Then I get up.I'll take you to the hospital soon as Dukes of Hazard is off.

Then we go by my Dads to drop the other kids off.I leave her in the Pickup,I'm in there BSing with Dad.He says don't you think you should be getting her to the Hospital?

I was such a Good Husband back then.

Brushrunner

·
Registered
852 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
1. You must be higher educated than me.
2. That education is likely more books than experience.
3. You hint Chips and A-Team didn't rock your socks.
4. Boss Hogg was not one of your favorite characters ever.
(Only Jethro and Granny topped the Boss)
5. The stupidest thing you have to say is:
"I think everyone can agree....." How stupid can you be?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, everything you wrote confuses me. I wasn't trying to sound like a brainiac or anything weird like that, I was just trying to point out that the show wasn't Shakespeare. And as a result you CANNOT expect the movie is going to be some kind of masterpiece! I saw the movie, and I liked it a lot. In fact it is one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in a long time.

I also implied that it is possible for a show to be crappy and enjoyable at the same time. I myself have watched the Dukes, Chips and the A-Team on numerous occasions and I enjoyed them! But, in the end be honest, they were crap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I mean, how many episodes of Macguyver did you guys sit through? I sat through almost all of them. Yet, now that I think back - I always knew MacGuyver was going to save the day with a stick of chewing gum and duct tape!

As far as my stupid statement is concerned. It might be stupid, in your opinion. But I think the fact that the statement included the word THINK, I thought it would be obvious that it was a THOUGHT and not FACT.

Sean

·
Registered
214 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

As far as my stupid statement is concerned. It might be stupid, in your opinion. But I think the fact that the statement included the word THINK, I thought it would be obvious that it was a THOUGHT and not FACT.

Sean

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighten up fellow, it's a joke son. To think, or believe that the fact is.....(especially white men)...in anyone's opinion....that we can all agree...hahahahaha....on anything, is just flat funny. Stupid was way out of line.
?????? Maybe not, if you are that serious.

I don't even care. I just wanted to make you think, but I thought (not fact), it was a very simple joke. Maybe it just takes a simple minded person like me to see the humor in it. Of coarse, I have been told on occasion that I am sick, but I just thought (maybe not fact) that they were just pullin' my leg abit. I wore the nickname "Jethro" with pride. I may just stay up tonight and think about that! Now you have got me all upset, and my vision is getting blurry.....oh I found my glasses. All is well in Looney Land.

Remember what ol' Abe said about all the time and some of the time. He didn't know what I know.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thud.gif

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

Remember what ol' Abe said about all the time and some of the time. He didn't know what I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

And all this time I thought it was P T Barnum.....oh well.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And all this time I thought it was P T Barnum.....oh well.....

[/ QUOTE ]

P T "Abe" Barnum said ....sucker born ever... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/neener.gif

I wuz jes passin gas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Pleez Bro bear, don't take me..........serus! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

1 - 20 of 27 Posts