Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Saw that last night on Fox News, but did a Triumph have Strombergs? I thought they were side-draft SUs.

Now half a dozen Strombergs on a log manifold on a flathead Ford ...

·
Registered
946 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Saw that last night on Fox News, but did a Triumph have Strombergs? I thought they were side-draft SUs.

Now half a dozen Strombergs on a log manifold on a flathead Ford ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I quess that answers that question.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
do i love my jeep?... as much as any real jeeper does!
"Jeeps will get you through times of no women better than a woman will get you through times with no Jeeps." -Paul Weitlauf

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
but did a Triumph have Strombergs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
I thought they were side-draft SUs.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes

[ QUOTE ]
but did a Triumph have Strombergs?

[/ QUOTE ]

And No, Amiles, that would be on the motorcycles though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Taz Both my 71 and 72 Spitfires had the side draft Strombergs, and were pain in the A$$ to keep working right.

And my 49 Merc had Strombergs on top of it,, 3 as a matter of fact on top of an Offenhauser manifold. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/codger.gif

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
do i love my jeep?... as much as any real jeeper does!
"Jeeps will get you through times of no women better than a woman will get you through times with no Jeeps." -Paul Weitlauf

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodpost.gif

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I always thought that on the Triumphs, the single carbs were the Zenith Strombergs, and the duals were the older SUs. I had an 80 MGB, with a single ZS.

My 70 E-type has twin Zenith Strombergs, so I can relate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
My 70 E-type has twin Zenith Strombergs, so I can relate

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep Zenith Stromberg is right, who thought up the idea of putting tranny fluid (hydraulic oil) in a carb to make it work right anywho,,,,only the Brits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
630 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodpost.gif 2nd that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts