Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air conditioner (Heat Pump) appears to have conked out. I am going to call someone in the morning to fix it. I'd like to know what kind of repair might be involved. The fan is not turning on the external heat pump. The power comes on but it does not turn over. It's a new house and this thing should only be about 7 years old. The fan will start - I hit the blades with a water hose to get them turning. When the fan shuts off, it does not come back on unless I repeat the process. Anyone know if I am looking at an all new pump, or a fan moter replacement? Thanks for any help - since this is a new thing for me to deal with I am trying to avoid being ripped off on a repair.

Brett

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Starting capacitor might be burned out.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Brett, call Airmakers in Raleigh 878-8000 tell them you are a Manifest Builders customer...Any good A/C company is booked 10 days to 2 weeks out right now. Dropping our name should help you some.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got AIR! Galen, Thanks for the tip. One of the new guys (re-joined after being out for a few years) in CNC works for a HVAC company in the RTP area. He put me in touch with someone that does HVAC in my aree, plus he called the guy and asked him if he could check it today. A $67.00 capicitor the size of a beer can had failed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts