Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a question for those guys running the NV4500. Do you really use OD enough to justify the cost? I've got a new toy ('72 CJ-5) and I REALLY want an "ENVY"4500 to put behind the 377 Chevy I'm putting in it. The trouble is that I have 2 T-18's sitting around already. Help me out guys! I need a way to justify to myself the additional cost and extra length of the NV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the real benifit to the 5 speed is the lower axle gears it allows. if its only a gas milage thing that worrys you why bother, the amount one of those things costs will buy you a heck of a lot of fuel!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the real benifit to the NV4500 is for people whose jeep is also their daily driver. with a rig that old I doubt it's you daily driver so go with the T18 since you already have it

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With a CJ5 it's really tough to use the NV4500 because of the length. About the only way you'd have any rear driveshaft is to move
the motor forward as far as possible. I have the NV4500, but it's in a 86 CJ7. This allows me to run 4.88 diff. gears and still have it
livable on the highway.

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.