Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to a guy at advanced adapters b/c I'm planning on putting a NV 4500 in my Jeep, but he says I need a Dodge transmission to go to my Buick V-6 with an adapter but they don't have an adapter for a GM to Buick. Also he says the GM is the only one that bolts up to the Dana 20 (with an adapter i think). He said I either get a Dodge and a Dana 300 (which i don't want to spend the money on) or get a Dodge and put a GM tail shaft (?) in it. First is this guy giving me the run around? I thought that after 1995 The Dodge and GM where exactly the same tranny. Does the GM after 1995 use the same tailshaft as the Dodge? The reason I'm asking is would a newer GM tranny have the right front (like the Dodge) and still have the correct tailshaft for the Dana 20? Sorry this is so long. Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I don't have an answer for you, but more questions...

you can mate a nv4500 to dana 20 !?!?!?!? Well slap me around... is there an adapter? How big?
How much longer is a D300 vs a D20, same size or bigger???

Thanks to those who know... and I guess those that don't...

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well acorrding to the guy I talked to you can mate the GM NV 4500 to the Dana 20, but I still have my original question about the year thing. I'm not sure how big the adapter is or the difference of the 300 vs the 20. I've even seen a Dana 18 hooked to a NV 4500, but I don't know what that takes.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
50-0210 GM NV4500 TO JEEP DANA 20 TC $580.55

from advanceadapter.com

interesting, interesting... neway to get an envy4500 into a 5??? probably not... :( oh well, time to strech it... hehehehehehehehehee
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.