Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: NP231 won\'t disengage 4H! Help!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif BlueJay, are you smiling into the wind today?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifKNOWING that your Jeep is OK?/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Re: NP231 won\'t disengage 4H! Help!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Yep, you could drive home if the snorkel had the optional extension tube. You know, speaking of snorkels, our neighbors bought a "Crate" Jeep back in about 1956. I was not too familiar with Jeeps at that age (13) but I was awed nonetheless that here was a "crated" army surplus Jeep.....you know the legends connected to that.....and I couldn't WAIT to see it. Well, it had the exhaust and intake extension tubes and was totally waterproof. He drove it through the river a few times just for kicks, and the water and sand just completely screwed the brakes. So that was it for swimming. Those guys also got a crated Dozer, army surplus (WWII) it came into our little town on the train in about 1952 or thereabouts. We all went down to see it, and they de-mothballed it right in the crate and backed that sucker out and down off the railside dock. They used the crate for a garage for YEARS. Both guys were lieutenants in WWII and had connections. Their whole ranch was run with army surplus. If they couldn't buy it surplus, they figured they didn't need it. In those days there was a lot of WWII stuff around. We had several GI 4X4s and 6X6's on our ranch. Love those two-lever transfer cases./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif 70K!!! Some little breeze! I'll bet THAT is; as they say....BRACING??? Heh heh./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.