Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the wife sez prodject tj-7 is too harsh for the road...something about too noisy.... and she wants to trade her neon in on a tj.. darn it..and she is gunna let me order the dana 44 and trac loc..dang... the 4.0 and an automatic..nooo...not that...hmmm.. this will be the 14th jeep i have owned, and the first one that isn't a cj... also the first one i'll ever make payments on....and the first one to have a warranty.......i'll actually have to be careful with it.. i don't have a whole spare tj laying around yet(well...i do have a bunch left over from tj-7).. am i going to be happy with this... non AMC jeep?

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Yep, you'll like it. Can't speak for the auto tranny, but the TJ is nice. It'll go a lot more places than you think as well, just keeps going. As to the TJ parts laying around, that's what the warranty is for! Ours is almost 4 years old, has over 75K on it, and is still under warranty. Happy wheeling.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Hey elusive, if you don't luck out and get the Dana 44 for the rear end I have a couple of axles with 4.11's in it and I'll sell the to you only real cheap. HaHaHaHaOohhohoho!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

I may not like what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Semper Jeep

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
even my little sister is UNHAPPY with the 3 speed auto offered in the TJ

get the 5 speed, the dealerships offer the auto for free for a reason, THEY CANT SELL THEM

otherwise the TJ is a really nice ride, just exoect lots of noise, and terrible gas mileage with an auto

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of sanded and primered pieces

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm really ozark?? i just love the 727 i put into my tj-7 for off-road and i said i wouldn't get a standard again( and i have had lots of t-18's and 465's)..it is going to be the wife ride.. how bad is BAD for milage.. my ford gets about 9 and the jeep doesn't get that...

~~Elusive~~
it's sort of still a cj thingy....

G

·
hey elusive - you're ex-almost-jeeping buddy in DC here. :) So T wants to nuke the neon and go big time eh? And you're gonna make payments? Gosh - you're gone a month and look at what happens! :) I hope you all are doing well..... keep taking those pics and having them posted - your jeep looks great, btw; will eventually want to hear all about the trip to tellico in July. Be well. The "x"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.