Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I know this isn't going to be a Jeep question but You guys are awesome and have answered so many of my Jeep questions. Thanks.

There is a guy here at my work who has this car for sale. VERY CHEAP! $500! My question is - Even if the car doesn't move I should take it right? He says he cant keep it running and he needs to get rid of it NOW! Take a look. Thanks.

1988 FORMULLA. 3.48 REAR SW6

EDELBROCK 750 CARB (4BARREL)
EDELBROCK PERFORMER RPM CAM/LIFTERS
PERFORMER RPM INTAKE
PERFORMER RPM VALVE SPRINGS (NOT INSTALLED)
PERFORMER RPM GEARS AND CHAIN (NOT INSTALLED)
MALLORY UNILITE DISTRIBUTER
MALLORY UNILITE COIL (BIG AS NUTS)
HOOKER HEADERS
NEW WATER PUMP
NEW ALT
NEW HEATER CORE
NEW STARTER
NEW FRONT CALIPERS (NOT BLED YET...THATS HOW NEW)
305 BLOCK...120 MILES ON COMPLETE REBUILD
120 MILES ON REBUILT HEADS
NEW CLUTCH
NEW CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 w/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you have $500 that you don't need right away I'd buy it. You can sell the parts you listed for more than that, not to mention if you get the car running. I have a sneaky suspicion he wired the unilite without a ballast resistor and fried the module, I've seen it more than once. Other than that it's probably just a matter of trouble shooting until you find a part installed/adjusted incorrectly.

"My other car is a BULLDOZER"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a lot of the same stuff on my small-block

RPM cam & intake, etc.

I'm running a stock HEI with an MSD 6AL. I think that's a better setup than the Mallory for this motor. As mentioned below, the Unilite probably is messed up, so you should consider the HEI setup if you get this. Even a salvage yard would give you $500 if the body is at all decent - maybe even if it's not considering the V-8 & live axle (both of which are fast movers from boneyards). Oh yeah, that 750 is probably too big for a 305.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.