Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everything from the tank to the engine mounted fuel pump is new. I have a filter before the pump and its not filling up with gas. The engine turns over all day and nothing happens. I put five gallons in th 20 gal tank. Do I need to prime my fuel pump somehow. This is all I need to fire that thing up./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifThanks for the help.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Believe it or not, I've only ran out of gas once in my life/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

After I put some in it, I poured a little in the carb throat and it started up. I guess the engine turning the pump at idle speed got the gas flowing from the tank again. Good Luck!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Er....Don,...is there ANY chance that Kiki distracted you while you were connecting fuel lines and you have inadvertently hooked the fuel pump suction line to the tank return line?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thought about the return line thing but I'll pull the tank AGAIN and check it. In the middle of writing this I went and checked. You were right Dave AGAIN. My alibi is that my buddy hooked up those lines from the tank so it really wasn't my fault/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif. Oh by the way Kiki never distracts me/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif. Thanks guys.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Dave, you continue to be DA MAN/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Here is what we know about Kiki: (1)She is a "lightweight" (from the Jeep post about weighing the CJ), and (2)she teaches dance class, and (3) She is under 30 yrs old. Now.....do we really believe Don wasn't distracted?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.