Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a CJ-7 (85) and i have a knocking noise about where my feet are
and i can't seem to find where it is coming from. does anybody know if this a problem with all jeeps or is it just mine? also, does anybody know what it could possibly be? thanks rocky

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
First of all, when does it happen, driving (slow/fast?), idling (when does it stop, gear/speed?), please provide more info.
Under your feet, things that could make noise are exaust, leaf springs, tires rubbing or tire noise could happen, and sound as if it is coming from below your feet.
Whatever it is it isn't normal.
Just my $0.02

Scott,
'85 CJ7 'T.H.O.R.' "Take Him Off Road"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey scott!!
it happens the worse when i drive a slower speeds(around town,etc...)
when i take it to high speeds it is not so bad. i have even turned the car completely off and coasted and it still there. it happens in all gears.
thanks rocky

·
Registered
552 Posts
How about a bad body mount bushing or perhaps your body mount bolt is loose causing it to move causing a noise. (probably not but it was a try).

Get someone to walk along side while you coast. This will help you find out where it is coming from. Maybe its louder outside the jeep. If you really feel brave hang out the door opening while coasting to see if you can hear it. Also get underneath it to see if there is anything loose, damaged, etc.

87 wrangler

·
Registered
630 Posts
Assuming this noise happens when you hit bumps, and not an engine related noise, check you clutch linkage and exhaust system. They may be too close or loose and hitting something under there.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.