Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,412 Posts
However, the XJ is still in the TV adds./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

· Registered
1,315 Posts
Gross!!!What is that ugly lookin bug thing in the middle???/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

1 cross plus
3 nails
----------------
4 given /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
If only I wheeled as much as Im on this board/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
athlonaj, the yj ended production in 95....i think you are referring to the TJ(new wrangler with round headlights).

the xj will live forever

· Registered
3,412 Posts
OK, Fletch, this has gone on long enough....it's time to let Kurt out of the cellar!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

· Registered
643 Posts
Hey PIAA,
Well, I guess we are all driving classics now /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.

Kent

94 XJ (purchased July 00)
Skids, XD9000I, Lights, Bumpers, CB/Ham/Scanner, Due roof racks, ARB compressor, Duo-Optima's, 200 amp alt, and too much more to list!
These trucks rock!

· Registered
3,412 Posts
Yes, I actually saw my first Liberty driving down the street yesterday. So there at the dealers and for sale. It was a silver one and the front clip does take some to get used to, in person./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

· Registered
1,519 Posts
i would love to take my stock 89 xj to the local jeep dealer and chalange the 'liberty'...eww i i cant beleave i wrote that word out...and see what happens...i have now lost all respect for new jeeps...sorry if that afends anyone but its true...i never did like the yjs or tjs, not a big fan of the nw zj's, it has always been the cj-5s and the xjs for me...i will always stand behind my jeep...and anyone esles, but what is going on with the new jeeps really makes me sick...andy

· Registered
1,849 Posts
The problem with our the XJ being a "classic", the damn dealers jacked up the price of used ones!! I am in the market for a used on and an '89 runs for aver $5000 in stock form. It's enough to make me consider rebuilding my XJ from scratch rather than buying a new one!!
[email protected]#$% Liberty!!

TAZMAN '89 XJ Laredo went up in smoke.
Lookin' to start over.

G

·
Well, I for one like the new liberty.....just wish they would have not taken the Cherokee away. Seems to me the Cherokee has just been recently taking off again in sales. Such a shame to take vehicle off the assembly line that is going as fast as it is. One thing though I do not like about the liberty is the IFS<------barf!!!! But I think the Inline six has had its better days. Do you ever hear your engine "spark knocking" or whatever you call it? I have heard it countless times....."my engine sounds like a diesel, it knocks, pings or whatever??" If the new engine provides more horsepower, torque and less noise, I am all for it. As far as the TJ goes, I love em! Smooth ride, AC and will straight out of the box woop up on all stock CJ's...whether you wanna believe it or not. Once I am out of school and I have a real job, my next vehicle will be a ZJ.......now that I probably have everyone pissed at me, let me say this...I love all older Jeeps too.....CJ's of all years are sweet....XJ's rule the crop though!!! I love all Jeeps actually and would pick any model over any other brand of vehicle.....so try not to come down on me too hard:)

push your limits, be extreme...anything less and you'll never learn.

· Registered
2,680 Posts
TJ with AC??????????????????????????????

Ummmmmm, yuppies (no offense to us boardfellows), there's a REMOVABLE TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw one that obviously had the a/c on since it was driving in beautiful weather with doors and top tightly held on. In traffic, I yelled to the driver from his passenger side "Take your top off!!!." His 17? year old daughter was blushing.

And I don't know what you mean by "whoop up on" but you might have forgotten some CJ-5's came with 304's!!!!!!!! That's all I need for whoopin' up!!

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.