Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was out of the water on the last post but I should have known better. At least ground problem is fixed
I’m back to having no spark to the plugs.

I do have voltage going from the coil into the distributor cap but it’s not getting to the plug wires. I ran out and bought a new cap and rotor. Still no spark to the plugs. What would cause my Distributor NOT to send the spark????

88 JY 4.2

·
Registered
755 Posts
No they are not the same thing and yes I suppose they could be causing your problem...the Crank Sensor is generally housed in the bell housing and to the best of my knowledge is more or less a magnetic pick-up off the flywheel, The pick-up coil is generally housed in the distributor and replaced points in conjuntion with a couple other sensors. This might be the place to start.
John

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
This is a new thread, so no one has any idea of what the orignal problem was, or what you have done to correct it.
Please give details...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The pick up coil could very well be the problem.....I had the same problem on 2 trucks and a new pick up coil fixed them right up

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Your words:
""""I do have voltage going from the coil into the distributor cap but it’s not getting to the plug wires. I ran out and bought a new cap and rotor. Still no spark to the plugs. """"

If high voltage is coming out of the coil, - you know the pick-up coil and crank sensor are working - else you wouldn't have that high voltage.
Check the coil wire at the distributor end, sounds like it's getting lost in the coil wire = bad coil wire.

If you know for sure it's going in the cap's center tower, but it doesn't come out ant plug wires - it has to be getting lost inside the distributor. Look close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.