Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST SWAPPED IN A 1980 J-10 360/727,I NOTICED THERE IS NO RETURN FUEL LINE ON THE FUEL PUMP/FILTER OR CARB,DONT I NEED ONE ?TIA

jsjps

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Well, jep.....you'll just have to trot over to Coot's Corner and visit the boys at Lem's Auto Parts, and get you one of them three-port filters and put that sucker between the carb and the fuel pump, right up there on top and roll it so's the third port is the highest, and connect the tank return line to that./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CJDave; when you say the 3rd port, are you talking about the port that returns to the tank? Why does it have to be up? Could this be a cause of rough running?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems to me that it would have to up. If it were down, fuel entering the fuel filter would go to the return line first and not to the fuel inlet hose.
So your not getting the right amount of fuel into the carb. This is just an assumption. And yes I know what assuming does.

Am I right on this CJDAVE?

Cut to shape, hammer to fit, paint to match /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
Project '51 willy's total rebuild /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The filter that I use has the inlet in the center, and the outlet in the center of the opposite end. The RETURN port points the same way as the outlet and is offset. Roll the filter so the return port is highest, that way, the bubbles are flushed out and sent back to the tank. If you have a pinhole somewhere in the line between the fuel pump and the tank, you will be constantly getting bubbles in the fuel line between the fuel pump and the carb. The three-port filter; properly installed; will help to get rid of those vapor-lock inducing bubbles. If you SUSPECT a pinhole, temporarily slap a short piece of clear plastic hose between the fuel pump and carb, and watch for bubbles. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif You should see my moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifcrew when I fire the computer every morning at 5 AM. They stagger through last nights empty beer cans to get over here to see who is saying what./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Sometimes they laugh/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif at some of the questions;....you know, like: "What is Four Wheel Drive?".... but they would NEVER embarrass anyone by saying the question was too dumb. They just want to fix Jeeps, and teach Jeep guys to Jeep better./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.