Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any major disadvantages to not running front shocks? The Jeep handles fairly good. Are there any advantages?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
It would not be a good idea to run without shocks. There wouldn't be anything to dampen the spring oscillations and the Jeep would bounce like a basketball down the road./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll have reduced braking power on bumps, the nose will dive excessivly under heavy braking, your tires will wear poorly, over all, it's just a really really bad idea.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On road I wouldn't drive without 'em. On the trail I have 9000's on the softest setting, and with that you might as well not even have shocks. I know a few people who don't run shocks at all on the trail, but any significant amounts of street driving(or fast baja trail drivin') and you'd definitely want 'em.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
i would think your tires would wear faster/abnormal, besides it would be dangerous when braking hard or turning abruptly. if you don't notice a difference between shocks on and off it might be because they are worn out (also i think sway bars can hide worn shocks some) or you might have very stiff springs. (4" lift kind)
just my thoughts

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.