Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the stock exhaust manifolds on and I'd like to have the timing and everything set so I can drive it away from exhaust place/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. How much can I run it like this if any at all. I've heard everything from none to just drive it to the muffler shop like that. I'm gettin kinda of sick of seeing my jeep towed around/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. Let me know what you think. I started turning it over today just to see and it won't fire without gas in the carb. Could the timing be so far off it won't fire at all or is my carb not working right? It seems like its not getting fuel but I know fuel is getting to the pump. Anyway can some of you engine guys help me out here. Thanks a bunch without this post and Jefe=(new guy to bbs often referred to as my buddy/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif) it'd still be in pieces.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The problem is when you shut it off....the cold air rushes up and hits the hot exhaust valves and makes them look like a cup. THEN they don't close, and THEN they burn. We used to have red rubber balls connected by a chain that we could run up and pop in the exhaust ports when the driver came in from hot lappin' the car. Open a fiting just a tad near the carb, and check to see if it has pressure. Also....is the three-port fuel filter in correctly? Side outlet(or SMALL outlet) to the tank?/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the small outlet or side in this case is in correctly. After my earlier problems I checked all the "Hey Stupid" stuff I could think of. I'll check the fuel line right at the carb tomorrow and make sure the carb is getting gas. I couldn't see it down inside and I tried to flood it but couldn't. Fires up nice when I pour the gas in the carb hasn't even backfired but I'm scared to let it run because of the valve thing. It won't fire at all if I don't pour the gas in. Doesn't make sense to me but thats nothing new.

Can you fix it?
I got a welder and a grinder. Heck yeah I can fix it./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.