Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I saw a solid black Bronco, black bumpers and no chrome. It had a black spare cover with the word "Nite" on it, the body also had a bluish graphic on the side with the Nite near the tailgate. The body was the '88-'91 style. What is the history of the Nite in the Bronco? I had heard of the Nite in the Pick-up line but not in the Bronco. What years were these produced and how many?
Thanks

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know a guy with a '91 Nite, it's the only one I've seen or heard of until now. I'll see if he has any more info.

'96 XLT 351

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff, the "Nite" option was for only the 92 model year, according to this:
"1992: realized the last major body restyling in the Bronco's lifespan. This change offered much more swept front sheetmetal that curved in at the fenders. Power window/lock controls moved up the doorpanel towards the top to make them more accessible. Power mirrors are now offered for the first time. Rear passengers are restrained via integral shoulder/seat belts. Colored stripe in the tailgate bezel is changed from red to black. Leather seating is now an option on XLT and Eddie Bauer trim levels. Ford also offered the NITE option package, for only this year. The package was all black, including the top. Special graphics were applied."
http://www.off-road.com/ford/bigbroncos/faq.html

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dawg, I see what you are sayin' about the year model, but I have an '88 and I know the one I saw had the big rectangular headlights like mine as well as the same body lines. I don't guess it makes any difference, I thought it looked pretty cool though. I'm wondering how valuable a Nite might be in good condition and how many were made? Thanks for the info. Dawg. Did you get that from the history of the Bronco that is posted on 2 Big Broncos site?
Thanks

Jeff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
92 was the only year they made a NITE edition bronco. All black with either pink or blue graphics. If you saw a earlier model that said nite than it was a fake.

95 XLT Bronco

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I'm curious. That truck was from Missouri so I probably won't see it again, but now I'm curious!
Thanks for the info, guys.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Jeff

I live up in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's capital city and it's a popular past time up here to black out Broncos, so I can only imagine it's just as popular in America. There's a guy I know, who owns a body shop, and he blacked out his Bronco and added chrome surrounds to his wheel openings on his 85, it looks great !!!!!! So far he has refrained from adding "Nite" to his 85.

The only thing I'd really like to black out is my tailgate glass to match my side windows.

Malcolm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Malcolm,
How come you cant black out your tailgate glass? Is it against the law? Mine is blacked out, makes backing up a night at little hairy tho.

JJ

Honk if parts fall off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff,
here is more info:
http://www.cars.com/carsapp/nationa...act=search&mkid=14&mdid=165&yr=1992&x=24&y=12

some excerpts:
"...Ford has seen to that with its Nite performance/appearance version of the full-size Bronco utility vehicle for 1992.

Nite refers to darkness, because you only can get this special Bronco in all black-including bumpers, grille and window trim. Nite doesn`t necessarily refer to Knight, especially when the bold-looking Bronco being tested sportsa pink tape stripe from stem to stern. Blue is an optional tape choice and-you may find this difficult to believe-but a dealer we asked about the two colors said pink is preferred by women, blue by men. How stereotypical!

The Nite we drove came with the pink decal, a color that somewhat emasculates this macho machine. It`s difficult to picture the four-wheel off- the-road crowd bouncing through creeks and tumbling over dunes in a buggy corseted in pink.

The four-wheel-drive Nite we test drove had ample muscle to travel those creeks or dunes or cruise the open highway. It came with the optional 5.8- liter, 200-horsepower V-8 teamed with automatic. A 5-liter, 185-h.p. V-8 with 3-speed automatic is standard.

What makes the Nite so restless is the quickness delivered by the 5.8- liter V-8. What makes the Nite so unusual is that it can be so quick, yet quiet. You`d think you were behind the wheel of a Continental sedan, not a Bronco four-wheeler. What makes Nite questionable as a daily commuter vehicle is that the 5.8 and automatic are rated at 12 miles per gallon city/16 m.p.g. highway.

The 32-gallon fuel tank extends driving range, but when you need to fill a tank that size, you better be carrying a credit card.

Nite also comes with a handling suspension package that includes heavy- duty springs and shocks. Heavy-duty didn`t mean harsh. The suspension and the p235 15-inch all-season radial tires combined to provide more car-like than truck-like ride, which is so un-Ford like.
... Our test vehicle came with power outside mirrors, but crank handle powerless windows.In a vehicle this size, you need power mirror and window controls so you don`t have to wait until you`re stopped to make adjustments.

...Base price of the four-wheel-drive Bronco is $22,348. The Nite package added $1,326. In addition to black bumpers, grille and window trim, the package included cruise control, tilt wheel, rear-window defroster, AM/FM stereo with cassette and clock, tinted privacy glass, tachometer, outside spare-tire carrier and forged aluminum wheels.

Our test vehicle added the 5.8 V-8 at $221, 4-speed automatic at $924 and push-button 4WD at $123. The sticker ran $24,942 plus a $585 freight charge..."

I'm still looking for other Nite model years..no luck so far, but will keep trying.

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you go on ANY car website it will tell you that the nite edition was only for 92. After that they had a sport edition that came in black,white, or red and had colored bumpers and grill.

95 XLT Bronco

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Yeah ive seen the nites in both body styles, didnt ask what year, but obviously NOT the same. Both were black with a irridesent? i believe, stripe down the side starting lite blue up front changing to purple near taillites.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have seen a 'Nite' Bronco before, don't know the exact year but it had the pink/blue graphics. My Bronco is a 94 and has no chrome. The grill, bumpers, trim and mirror housings are all black. There were also all white and all red versions though they had a black strip on the front bumper and a black cover on the rear bumper.

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I bought my F-150, it had the Nite package (dealer installed). They also had a "Nite" Bronco on the show-room floor. After seeing the Bronco, I decided to get my truck like that.

BTW I paid ~$23k FOR THE 150, and sold it 8 years later for $16k. Really held its value well.

Pharaoh
Yah baby, That's right! /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
942 Posts
Ya know...you could paint one all yellow...bumpers and all, and call it a "Day"...

I know it was lame, but I needed one more post to up my ranking. hahaha

The trouble with being on top...You always have to look over your shoulder. The best never rest. Fear the FORD thunder!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.