Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea what the going rate would be for a 95' H233B rear axle complete with limited slip and 4:88 gears would go for??? I have a line on a Ford 9" and was just curious to what I could get for my Nissan axle?
P.S. I'm talking Canadian Dollars.
Thanks!

Chris James
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chris,

I got a message from a guy in the US a while back and he was asking $100 US for just the gears (4.88's tha same a yours )but as far as the axle goes I'm not realy sure but I would think in the 3-400 CDN range if it's complete.

If you go to the Ford 9" I take it you'll keep the coils out back ? If you are ever in need of some custom wound ones I was in touch with Valley Spring in SoCal and the guy there said that they could wind any lenght and rate for the PF but they were a bit pricy. I think it came to something like $375CDN. How are you liking the 44 up front ? I would love to do it as well but I'll need to start getting all the parts togeather soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3-400 Canadian I could Handle that, thanks! Yes I will stay with the coils in the rear and I have a contact for custom coils any size also which is what I used for the rear-end after the axle swap. They cost me $90.00 Cdn for the pair and includes any dimensions I want, not bad eh?? I love the Dana front end and I'm actually in the process of getting another Dana 44 housing along with the 9" housing for a steal. I do have some components for them already, but the rest I'll have to get through another buddy who is in pretty tight with Wild Horses Bronco, so he get's me good deals. If you want a parts list for what I used let me know and I'll send it to ya?
Thanks again & have a good day!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris, Are you shortening the axles before you install?? I have purchased a 1987 full size Chevy blazer and am thinking of putting my 85 720 body on it. What I am concerned about is the fact that it appears the tires will stick out from the body approx. 3"-4" each side. There are no laws that I have to worry about, only the fact that it may look strange. Let me know. Thanx.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope! The axles from early Bronco's fit just perfect, and are actually about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the stock Nissan axles. Well I know this is true for the Dana 44 but not 100% positive about the 9". I am also talking Pathfinder dimensions so I'm not to sure about 720's, but I can't see there being to much of a difference. If they do stick out however you might consider getting different wheels with more back-spacing and a different off-set?

Chris J.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts