Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard any news on what's been happening with this, I haven't seen anything since the idea was first brought up???
Please post any details you may have, thanks!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
yours is the first post i have seen since i read the old one. maybe we need to set up a new one.
maybe a summer of 2000 event or something. I am game.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if somebody is going to plan a nissan only run, please try to give everybody as much lead time as possible. I live in british columbia,
canada and would really need as much time as possible to get down to meet. Does anyone know if it would be on the eat coast or
the west, I am kinda hoping for the west as a drive to the east would definitely be hard on the backside ;)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I feel at least a year will be enough for people to plan for. So all interested parties should start saying they want it. Once we have a demand then someone can start a plan....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am thinking about trying to organize something next spring in Western Canada, say in the Rockies or in Eastern BC. There is a fantastic place near Rocky Mountain House Alberta where my local club goes a couple of times a year. There is also many places near Calgary but they are usually quite crowded and are in constant threat on succumbing to land closure. I can investigate around some more and get back to everyone. Beyond this I am open to suggestions. Unfortunately, next summer I am going to be very busy (marriage and honeymoon) as well as job so going very far is out of the question. It would however be fantastic to get even a small Nissan only thing going. Also, to all Western Canadians, start to bug Nissan Canada about putting on a Camp Pathfinder in Western Canada next year. Three in the East... I mean come on!!! The event is probably lame but I would still like to go just to see what it is like. Moreover, if the event deems a success for Nissan, it will probably continue and eventually get to be really cool.
Aero

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im really interested in the Nissan only thing. I would love to see a trip to glamis or anywhere that both two and four wheel drives could go, Also I've seen lots of activity for Nissan down here in southern Ca. So lets get a whole crew and lets go.

Kevin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys said this stuff before........it was moab before, just go to the rubicon in the summer you guys will be the only nissans there.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Nissan Only Run???... More info

"A quiet death for the 99 Nissan only run" This may be old news to some of you but here are a few more details (as I know of them) Joe Bergoen created the original post (the one you link to from the Nissan page) and had taken it upon himself to organize the event. After getting a working list of all who were interested a location was set (Moab UT) with the dates of Sept. 11th/ 13th. I was in contact with him as far as providing information on lodging, campgrounds, trails and trail difficulty ratings etc. He then mailed out a questionare concerning vehical modifications, owner information, ideas about the meet etc. And then, poor Joe, he just dropped off the face of the earth. That was the last I heard and all attempts to contact him failed. My e-mails were returned as un-deliverable. That was about last May and that ship without a rudder, I guess just ran a ground. Hopefully Joe is OK. If it was alien abduction then hopefully he is in a better place. Maybe he just bought a Mazda or something. Anyway, thats where the whole thing stands (stood) If anyone has any more info would like to see it posted here. Maybe we could get it going again... just need to find a fearless leader to start calling the shots. I would think that realistically you would need about a year to get everything organized, there is alot that needs to be done. Hope that this may have shed some light on the subject.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds good, I'll be down there in September 2000 with a bunch of buddies, not all Nissan's though! I've been itching to get the time and cash to go play on the Rubicon. I know one guy just last month who made it through with a stock Lada so I guess that will almost give us Nissan owners some hope???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can say that again! Moab, Rubicon man I wouldn't no what to do with all that traction? What the hell are "DRY" rocks? Do these things really exist on those trails?
Hope I can hook-up with some of you guy's down there when I go?

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Nissan Only Run?? Tellico?

Hey all....
Im considering a trip to Tellico in Murphy NC sometime over the summer of 2000. Wouldnt be just nissans. If anyone might be interested, lemme know! Love to have some other modified nissans there to 'wheel with. Also might be doing the uwharrie national forest trails down towards charlotte too, who knows? Tellico has trails from 1-4 i beleive, so anyone from stock to silly can do most of them. I dont plan on anything above 3+.

Happy Trails
Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm heading to Moab in April and the Rubicon in September, so it depends on the Cash-Flow and the time frame, but man I would love to check out Tellico, I've got video's and of course all the magazine articles on that place and it looks like some serious fun.
keep me posted on when your going, NC is a bit of HUMP for me but ya never know???

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

AntiChris J.... April, Moab,... is this for the Jeep Safari????
Let me know as I will be there also (my ninth year)
Maybe if you have an "off" day we could hook up. Would sure like to check out the solid axle conversion on your PF.
ScottJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I think were going to try and go the week before or after the easter jeep safari? I've had a bunch of buddies who have been there tell me it's just a nightmare at that time? 2 hr trails taking up to 10 hrs and guy's with bone stock right off the shopping buggie car lot getting in line to do the 4+ trails?
I've never been down there so I don't know what a 4+ trail would equal up here??
My club and I just want to try and get as much of it done as possible so were going to avoid the big rush I think?
I will definately let you know when we go, and try to plan a couple trail trips with you!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Perhaps, a few Nissan owners at a time should go out.
On a 2 Nissan or more outing, take pictures and post them on the WWW with a story.
With a story to tell, it will encourage other Nissan owners to do the same.
I know that I can make it as far as Moab--- and I have a Daughter in Reno-(not very far from the Rubicon)
I live in Denver and have access to Colorado trails.
I would recommend that a leader be chosen for the specific trail that we would plan to follow-- someone who
has traveled the route a number of times.

My 720 will be running in a couple on months

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That sort of defeats the purpose, the whole idea is to get as many Nissan's from all over to gather at one specified location, just like the Toyota's and Early Bronco's etc. The Toy's have the Rubithon, and The E/B's have the S.O.B. down in Oregon so we need to try and set-up some kind of annual gathering which should be drawn-out over a week or weekend at least.
Hey I got an idea how about the Rubissan? Ah! maybe not!

Chris J.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts