Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in actually starting up an annual Nissan event for Y2K?
??? 1 in the US and 1 in Can? or 1 West USA, 1 East USA same with Canada? We'd have to assemble some sort of a organizational team etc, but I'm getting real tired of hearing about Sheep Jambouree's and Bronco bashes, I think it's time to put a little sand in our own bags and start something. I know the last guy tried then he got kiddnapped by aliens or something, but I'm talking about looking into locations, dates, sponser's, accomodations, registration fees, prizes, events, the whole ball of wax! Maybe MOAB in MAY??? We would need some people to organize this not just one or two, and maybe even some help from Nissan I don't know, but if there's anyone interested in taking part in a particular area regarding this let me know, or if not just scrap the idea and forget I mentioned it?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Thats what we need,I could lend help to any event here in the west/northwest.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifStraight outta Oregon, land of trees,ocean breeze, and a lotta mud!/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a great idea...only problem is I live in Virginia so most of the west coast locations would be kinda far for me because of work. If there is any interest in an East Coast trip, I'd be willing to help as much as possible.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm hoping we might be able to get a couple going, one for the east and one for the west, but I just want to see what kind of feed-back comes in. I know it would be useless for me here on the west coast to set something up on the east coast, so if we can get some more input for what would be best suited for everyone then we can make some sort of a decision?
So let's just wait and see what everyone thinks???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey chris, may be we should look into starting something up in canda as it seems to me (no offense intended) that alot of americans think that as soon as you cross the border, it is winter time. I am up in prince george and have been to quite a few spots in b.c. and feel that there has to be some of the worlds finest senic views and interesting terrain. Most of my off-road experience has been logging roads and forestry camp sites, but I am sure that I could find a couple of pretty wickked trails, but I think that by the looks of your pathfinder that you probably know some good trails.

I just had to put in my vote for b.c trails.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MOAB in MAY! why not. I could drive my old 720 over the hill from Denver. It is only a 9 hour drive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey I'm with ya! That's why I was suggesting one or two in the USA and the same for Canada, this will give more people a greater opportunity to mingle-in-the mud so to speak.

Chris J.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I am willing to support the cause. We need to organize ourselves first and then we can apraoch nissan. this would be ideal timing since there are sinking money into marketing the X-terra, this is probably going to be the best shot. So I say lets see who wants to be involved, have a powow. Decide a location we would like to do (probably the place with the most volenteers), get numbers on how many will commit to comming and then appraoch nissan. once we do that other sponsers will follow. Count me in on the south east i live in florida. but no matter what i will offer what ever recources i may have to the cause (even if I don't make it to the event) .....lator

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: To re-post or not to re-post

AntiChris, Do me a favour and check your private mail to see if you received my message. Indicated to me that it was not sent but then this damn message board has lied to me before.
Thanks much
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I like to here, and you hit the nail on the head with the comments on your post!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: To re-post or not to re-post

Yep! I got it, and replied back to you, thanks!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: To re-post or not to re-post followup

Never mind Chris, damn thing lied to me again! (I got your message)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know how much I could help but I would do what I could. I would love to get together with a bunch of Nissan nuts and go wheelin'! I'm in Northern Virginia but I would even consider driving to Moab if the timing was right! Let's make this thing happen!

'95 Pathfinder SE-V6

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok how about we just all work together and organize one this coming year, and then branch out. I say moab, but the timing is an issue for me..... I don't graduate till the 13 of may, but whatever. DO one big sponsored shindig this year.......... this year Moab, next year.....THE WORLD!!!!!

- Tim
- [email protected]
- Far East 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey tojo, I'm in Northern Virginia too. Where do you go wheeling? Maybe we shold get together for some wheeling some time. I'm tired of being the only Nissan out there

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ive mentioned it before, mention it again. Im up for tellico anytime! I can get lodging information (know of some places near to murphy and nantahalia national forest. We stay there when we ride our bikes out near fontana dam. Im not sure how far this is from the tellico trails, probably about 35 min I beleive, will have to check on it. Im more than willing to take a trip out there. Im imbetween Banner Elk NC, and Wilkesboro NC. Im about 4 hours from murphy. If we get enough people, who knows. Im open after the middle of May. Moab might be a possibility for me too. Bit of a drive, but Ive got a buddy buying a trailer for his show truck, and both he and I have the means of pulling it, so I could tow myself out (just in case of breakage). Let me know what you think guys, especially those of you from VA.
PS. Problem being, the buddy with the trailer has an 85 4runner and we have another mutual friend with an 84 Toy Truck. Any thoughts of having the imports forom the other part of japan along for the ride? Im sure they will want to tag along perhaps. Thought I would get you guys input before mentioning it to them.

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Their is an artical in Four Wheeler mag., about 6 months to a year old (can't really remember, you know how time flies) about an Isuzu trail run in Moab. They had a couple of non-Isuzu vehicles along also (believe a Jeep and an older Bronco) that were given "Guest Isuzu" status for the meet. If your friends would be willing to be Guest Nissans (we could make some Nissan decals to cover their Toyota ones) for the meet I dont think any one would object. They might have to have them miss out on some photo ops though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: Idea Re-Cap!

Locations: (WEST-USA) - Moab seems to be the front runner??? (EAST-USA) - Telico top's the list???
(WEST-CAN)- I suggested Blue Mtn, any other's........???
(EAST-CAN) - No Relies as of yet!

It also seems that Moab is the front-runner for just one central event?
Keep the ideas flowing boy's and girls, and will try to get a final decision ASAP!
The responses have been good, so once we get our location settled we can then start working on who can do what etc, etc, etc!

Thanks again!

Chris J.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts