Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any tips or hints on removing the exhaust manifold bolts. My manifold is cracked, so I want to take it off, weld it up and reattach. This way, when I get my headers later, the anti-seize I put on will allow me to unbolt quickly.

The stock manifold is still on from 1994, so I'm pretty sure the bolts are on there good. I was gonna start spraying them with Kroil every couple days, until the weekend...

I know I'm being paranoid here, but I can't afford to break a bolt of in the head (I've read and heard TOO many horror stories)

Penetrating oil and heat are probably the only tricks, but I figured I'd ask, before I break anything off. :(

Thanks

Steve

1994 YJ Sahara

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
94? ha... just took off some manifolds off from a 73 360.. didnt have too many problems.. alittle elbow grease.. i might have been lucky.. but it was pretty nasty looking.. expected worse.
one concoction i used awhile back was ATF and ??? something.. i cant remember.. but it worked damn better than that pent. oil spray crap.. maybe some of these old timers have done this mixture.. mmmmphf.. wish i could remember.. too many beers this past weekend.. sorry..

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how many miles does your jeep have, it still might be under warrenty? do u have a 6cyl or 4cyl, if its the 4 cyl and u have the first or last bolt broken off your exhuast manifold by chance? if u do its coverd under jeep for up to 80K miles and they change everything for free, check it out, i had mine done not to long ago, its hard to beleve your exhaust manifold broke on a 94, huh, ph well best of luck it shouldn't be to hard to get those nuts off, just spray them up and use a little heat to crush the rust if they are being tough..

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did hear somewhere that the manifold was warrantied for 80,000 miles, but I didn't buy it new... I'm the second owner...

Is there still some way I can get the warranty work done, even though I didnt buy it new? If there is please let me know, I always figured warranties were void after the vehicle was sold...

Also, If there is a warranty, I'm not sure where it was originally bought?? Could I take it to any dealer???

Thanks,

Steve

1994 YJ Sahara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

After reading your post, I remembered seeing one of my exhaust manifold bolts missing. The front bolt head is broken off, and the stud remains in the block. The manifold doesn't appear to be leaking...yet. This is on my '94 YJ with the 2.5L 4-popper. I too, am wondering about the factory warranty, as I'm the second (or third) owner of this jeep. Any info will be appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.