Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbe, Fix\'n to buy Bronco..Few questions.long

Hey out there, excelent forum,
I about to enbark on the Bronco adventure, and after reading some of the post here I thought it would be a good idea to run this by u for your opinions. The Bronc I fix'n to buy is a 95' eddie b w/120k miles and 302 for $8300.the truck is in really good cond. what are some of the thing i rally need to make sure of before buying a 4x4 (this will be my first). Also after some of the post i am worried about the 302, it seemed to run pretty strong. I did notice that while driving it seems to have a slight wobble/vibration from the front end (seller says all bushings have been replaced)and from a stop when you take of there is a slight bump coming from the rear (seller says it the leaf springs and they will need to be re-arced)any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Re: Newbe, Fix\'n to buy Bronco..Few questions.long

The wobble in the front end could be tie-rod ends, ball joints, or a bad tire/wheel. You'll have to do more looking there.

The bump in the rear is most likely the slip-joint in the rear drive shaft needing grease. Simple fix if that's the case.

I don't have an opinion on the 302 w/120K, but seems to me that there are a few guys here that have rebuilt them when mileage is that high, and they all have gone hi-performance with 'em, meaning they wanted more power.

Are there any other Bronco's around your area to compare it to? I drove a bunch of 'em and bought the one I felt best about.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts

Buying from a private seller? Maintenance history available? Have you put it in 4WD? Are you OK with the power of the 302 after driving it? Negotiate the price, if you can. And as BurntPiston suggested, make sure you check out as many as you can before deciding.

Is it an auto? Make sure it shifts ok, and has had regular tranny fluid/filter changes. It should be about ready for its 4th for sure. 120k is high on miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the suggestions, I think i will hold off on this one and drive one with the 351. If any one still has some tip for buying the bronco and what to look for I would love to here them. Thanks again:)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts

It had better be perfect for that price. If you are willing to pay that much find one that has had all the lift and mods done that you want. Beleive me you want to find one that is lifted unless that is you like removing rivets.
NORM PS. Don't smash your thumb. It hurts.

·
Registered
398 Posts

I would look for one with a 351.The 302 is under powered for such a big vehicle.I've had my eye on a 96 EB 351 loaded but the guy is asking 12k.Needless to say it is still for sale.

Billy

·
Registered
723 Posts

search around i got my 80 for 2100 just looking thru a local mag here
79 bronco 351m all belts,hoses radaitor new 4sp 6"lift 35"mud kings light bar w/4kc's 3500
most in here run from 1500 to 5500

·
Registered
2,360 Posts

at one point in time this month/last month there were 5 of them for sale in my town, and only one of them was for over 2800

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well the guy sold it to someone from autin tx for 8500, so I going to test drive a 94, w/351 3" lift, grill guard, 33's, leather int.,12" subs w/600watt ampand only 80k miles, guy is asking 10500 for and to my surprise the bank will loan the full amount. and as far as the ones listed around here (houston, tx) there all quite pricey, except for the ones that are in really bad shape. All the info from ya'll is great, any info on the 94 xlt models (good or bad)and are any of ypu from this area? if so what are some of the good 4x4 shops around so that i can have the one I find checked out. Once again thanx.

·
Registered
672 Posts

One thing I don't like about mine IS the leather interior. Who ever had this bronco before me never conditioned the leather and it cracked. Now, my arm rest is worn through. Don't get me wrong, I like being able to say my truck is fully loaded w/ leather interior, but its kinda embarrasing to show them the leather (of course now I have seat covers). So I would make sure that interior is in good-perfect condition.

How you described it, it sounds like a good deal from where your at. I searched and searched for the newer body style broncos before I found one (loaded) under $12000. A lot of dealerships in OK sold the nicer, newer, stock broncos for $14000-$16000. I just happened to find mine for $10k.

Another word of advice...When I test drove mine in town it felt like it had TONS of power on the 302, but once I was driving it home, the 302 had lots of problems pulling hills at 65mph (really at any speed in OD). So I would definatly recommend the 351. It may have problems pulling some hills, but its GOT to be better than the dang 302.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts