Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading this forum I decided to buy a new Warrior. Price, features, maintainance requirements, availability of modifications and a basic prejudice towards anything Yamaha influenced my decision. My question is this; If the knowledgable people on this forum were to buy a new Warrior what would be the first few modifications you would make to make it faster?(besides buy a banshee, raptor, 250r or 400EX) Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think the warrior is a nice choice, and congrats on the new quad. the first thing i would do is get an UNI airfilter, modify the airbox lid and put a pipe and silencer (probably either a FMF or a Big Gun) on it then rejet. then look at aftermarket tires because the stock ones will suck when you hit a corner hard with the new power you have pulled from that 350cc engine. hope this helps.

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
the very first mod you should do is get a pro flow clamp on filter thing...the stock air box is junk! the tires suck too the front and rear both suck but the rears suck more so if you dont have money to get all new tires at least get the rears....i have pure sports bandits on the back and they are great i have maxxis razrs up front and they are also great they all hook up excelntly....the stock tires are too flexy and dont give good traction.....a pipe is a good mod also...i got a pro circuit T4 and i gave me some good power....another weak spot i feel is the rear skid plate i bent it and in turn bent an expensive break rotor so you might want to get a sturdier unit back there....its a good machine..ride it hard!!!

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah the pro flow is a must, i forgot to mention that.

Chris /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
You dont quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.