Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again. I'm currently looking to purchase some tires and in BigNorm fassion I'm trying to do it cheap! My father in law works at a pawn shop and showed me a set of 315/75R16s. They look like aggresive tread Wild Country Tires. I priced a new set of Rockcrawlers that would fit the tires and the wheels would run me about $285.70 to my door. I'm thinking this may be worth it if I can get the tires cheap. I'm hoping between $100- $150. The tires looked to have about 3/4 tread left. Whutcha guys think? NORM

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
the rockcrawlers are a ****ty brand of wheel. i watched all 4 of mine when i got them on the balancer(just rims) and i watched them spin. they where out of round about a 1/4 inch.

you still looking for that 2.5BS norm, or are you given up on that? i knwo a company that will do that for the 16 inch wheels.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll go with the 4.25s. I liked the stance but you said it sucked and others seem to do fine on the 4.25 Backspacing. I'm just trying to get there on a steep budjet. I have 4.56 gears that need instalation and I managed to get those, the install kit and the new carrier for the D44 for $200. I hope my bud Todd is not the Devill because I think I'd owe him my soul for all he's done for me.
I owe him big and will help him anyway I can. He's going to do a Superlift on on his Bronco soon. NORM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.