Off Roading Forums banner

New to the whole thing...

1757 Views 4 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Sandmaster
I'm new to all this prerunner stuff, but I'm very interested in turning my current truck, a 99 Mazda B-3000, same thing as a Ford Ranger, into a prerunner. First, are there any words that I should know, so as not to sound stupid when I have no idea what people are talking about? Also, what would I need to get for my truck? Where can I get these parts? I'd like to keep my truck on the street, it is my only vehicle.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
I assume your have an A arm setup as opposed to an I beam setup.

Check these links out.

Basically look for a kit that has upper and lower arms made out of 4130 Chromoly that are at least 3" wider per side using Uniballs and or Heim joints, lift spindles, coilovers. Get that done then look for Long travel rear springs and shocks.

Try to stick with 2.5" diameter shocks with resivoirs.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.