Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i am new to this sport and just got my first sled, 93 Polaris, LXT Special 600 triple. I all ready did a search for my question but no answer in the results.

this may be a silly question but was all ways wonder why.

Q. Why do people stand up when they drive their snowmachine? I am not talking about when they are in deep snow and stuff but on the trail and such?

Can't wait till we get our first snow so i can see what this machine can do. The guy siad that he had it up to 70 and decided to back off. It needs some minor things done.

Mark B

G

·
I know for me it is better handling on tight trails, and I feel in control more. I have a 1000 mach z and they are great on the trails, but sometimes, gets rough trails, and standing up seems to control it better. Plus going up hills easier to control. Good luck with your snowmobile season!:D :D

G

·
Standing

I always stand when going around a turn or steep gradient, but sit down when you first start because on most sleds the rpms have to get really high (especially on Bombardier) causing the tract to spin fast when you first get going, so by sitting down it lowers the chance of you getting stuck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.