Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always wanted a Jeep but was never able to get my hands on one. This weekend I found a 1986 CJ7. It has been stored outside for 5 years. Soft top is junk, interior is pretty bad and it needs paint. Put a battery in and the thing started! Took it down the street and seems to run OK. He wants $500 for it. What do you think of the price? Any help and suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
543 Posts
$500.. runs.. make sure the frame is not rusted out. sounds like a good deal. make sure the vin # matches the title

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if the frame isn't rusted and it runs, sounds good, regardless of the drivetrain as long as it is all in decent shape its worth that IMHO. see if you can post back with some specs on the d-train for our curiosity.

77 cj5 sorta, V8, 4"lift, 33's, lotsa miss'n metal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could find a deal like that. If it runs and its not a complete rust bucket I would go for it. I would really like a beater to wheel with so I could keep my daily driver in running shape.

69' Jeep CJ6, 225 v6 buick, turbo 400, dana 18

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Definitely get it, sounds like a good deal, even without the D44.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If theres not a rust problem and it has a clear title I'd buy it in a minute.The top, interior and paint are easy fixes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts