Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got some money and I want to get some 33" tires. I am going to get 33-14.50R-15 super swamper SSRs or 33*14.00*15 boggers and get a hot knife like at izook so I can swipe 'em. I need to know the correct amount of backspacing I need so I don't hit the springs at full lock. I don't want too much backspacing, but I want to run a 15*10 rim.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
What kinna wheeling are you going to do? rocks, mud boggs, swimming (hehehe), airzook? Seems like the boggers would not do so swell in the muck if you had a small (1.6 or smaller) engine... I can't spin my 29" with stock gearing once it gets into the mud bogs.. If theres lots of water go fer dem boggers! Love to hear you running down the street @ like 4 psi!!!!!

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly rocks and hills (with lose dirt and rocks), but some mud once and a while. I plan to get a VW diesel, regear my axles to 4.57, and get a Klune-V. My zuk is off-road only, very rarely driven on the street.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Seems like the radial ssr tires would be best. lots of teeth point in every dirrection and lotsa flex. Wonder what everyone else will say?!..

nite.

got zook?
http://www.geocities.com/bik3r
29x10.5x15 SS TSL *SX*, Calmini Header, SPOA, Lights, Dupicolor, Z-bar, diamond plate rockers, tubes front, rear, & sides!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i wouldnt go any wider then 12.5 wide. that choice seems really wide and itd be very hard to backspace. Go to Willamittes Custom wheel service in portland oregon. 503 232 8141 and ask for dick. He will custom make you a 5x5.5 daytona 2" backspaced rim for 33's for 48 dollars a rim. Hard to beat that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you think some 15 * 8 rims with some 33"12.5 SSRs would be the best all-around tire/rim combo to get?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just don't know I was watching the 2000 Top Truck Challenge and I like the looks of the boggers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice meat you got for the zuk but hey nicer meat hanging on the feg lol

Flaming Zuki [/b]"It is dangerous to be sincere unless you are also stupid"

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Actually my wife is big into a work out program that is a mix of yoga, weight lifting and cardio exercise so she puts those up on the fridge to aim for a certain body type. It sucks being me, no really sometimes its just too tough i can hardly stand it.....LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.