Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are you supposto adjust a new throttle cable? also i have a few other questions. ok i got a new airfilter today and put it on and when i start my bike it will idle but if i rev it it will stay at that rpm until i hold the throttle up have you ever herd of something like this? as far as it will go the throttle returnes like it shood. im thinking its an air leak with the gasket where the carb meets the engine. if this is it can i use gasket sealer? thanks

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Can you esplane the problem again...

does the throttle return on it's own??

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it returnes on its own. i started it today and realized that the gasket inbetween the carberator and engine was leaking gas so i figure that gasket is shot. what can i make this kind of gasket out of or do i have to buy a new one? their pretty cheap but i dont want to wait 2 weeks for a new one........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im hafing truble undrstnding u. plz try da spllchker.

Seriously, though, we do appreciate a little bit of an attempt at proper English /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif.

On the note of the sticky throttle, sounds like it's sticking /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif. Make sure it's well lubed. A trick to checking for leaks around the boots and gaskets on your carb and air filter is as follows: while the bike is running, spray ether (lightly) on all connections and seals. If the idle suddenly runs high, you are pulling in air where you shouldn't be. Let us know what you find.

RoosteR
I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.