Off Roading Forums banner

New site, what yo all think?

353 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Robert87yj 
G
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I just finished my site (well not really finished).
What do you think? I am looking forward for the input.
http://dodyjeephouse.homestead.com/jeepindody.html
Thanks.

Dody
81 CJ7 /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Driving it, building it and loving it
83 FJ40 /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Design looks good, stats are cool, colors are nice, text is readable, links work. Pages did not fit on my 800x600 monitor.

Carl, Tampa, FL, 74 CJ-5
If a Jeep can't take you there, Think twice about going..

#3 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Nice page! Nice Jeep! My moonguys/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif loved it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G
#4 ·
If this is the first page you've ever made, I'm impressed. The graphic files are big enough to see, but load rather quickly (at 56k connection). Something to consider is enclosing everything on the pages in a table that is 700 pixels wide. This makes it so people won't have to pan the screen left and right to read a line of text (yes my screen is 1024x768, but I never set windows to occupy the entire screen), and gives it a cleaner look. What slowed it down most was the animations. I'd get rid of them - serve no purpose. Aside from that, Kudos!

-Dorian
88 YJ w/ stock floormats

G
#6 ·
The Jeep and the Slide Rule are the two best parts. Great Site.

O|||||O
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking. /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

#7 ·
Nice website- it worked perfectly for my 1024x768 view mode (and yes I stretched it out to fit the monitor.) Would be nice to know where the picture-links were going to though. if you add alt="description" inside the html tage for the picture (best placed after the hieght and width measurements) then when the cursor is placed over the picture it will read "description"

I just started making a website about 3 weeks ago for the people on the Seafarer e-mailing list: Seafarer Research Center My boat is Titi 3. I used Microsoft's Front-Page 98 to make the 'site.

G
#8 ·
The site looks good to me. I like the use of color on the pages. It pretty much matches the colors in the pictures.

One Suggestion:

Put an alt="text that describes the picture"</font color=blue> in your image tag
example:
alt="this picture is of...">

well I guess the bbs doesn't like the acual code
Robert87yj/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
engine rebuild w/4.0 head done, now for the MPI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.