Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the plus side, I got some "new" shocks from my dad. He had them on the back of his 97 3/4-ton 2wd and didn't like them. All I had to do was press out the upper mounting brackets and they bolted right onto the back of my Suburban. With my truck having a 4" lift they fit just perfectly.

Then I went to get the Sub inspected and it failed miserably. Apparently, the gas cap has to pass a pressure test, but it didn't. That one is easy to fix. The other problem is that the turn signal doesn't stay on unless you hold the handle. They said it has to stay on and automatically shut off when you turn the wheel. So now I have to take apart the steering column...

·
Registered
141 Posts
sorry to hear that. i was told that they passed a new bill or law that headlights could not be taller than 48" any one know? if so mine won't pass at all

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if it is a new law or what, but I think I read something about that recently. I can't find it now though.
It was fairly easy to fix the truck. I just had to take the steering column apart and found the broken part. The slot where the turn signal arm rids in had a groove so it couldn't go left. I couldn't find one locally, so took a small file and the Dremel tool to it. Got it smooth enough to operate, put it all back together and it passed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.