Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

You gotta check out the new Rock Crawler from Fun Rise. I saw some guys playing with one today and was amazed to find out that this R/C has a transfercase that you can activate on the fly from 2WD to 4WD. It already comes assembled, so all you need to do is add batteries. I think they said they got it at WALMART.

It's cool to see it crawl over rocks and branches. I found their website and it has a movie of the Rock Crawler in action. Check it out!

Rock Crawler R/C

Maybe I can convince my Wife to get me one for my b-day = )

-DezertScorpion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gituar.gif

G

·
I bought one and it crawls great ! yeah the T-case works well and the axles act like they're spooled. And it Rolls over easy just like a real jeep, lol. Battery life is kinda weak , however, it lasts about 15 minutes or so on 4 low, and the recharge is 6 hours. Maybe there's a battery upgrade of a bigger long lasting one. I'm new to RC ing, and it's pretty fun . do you RC ers have an idea about bigger batteries ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Gee thats funny....my battery lasted a couple of hours.

G

·
I think it must obviously last longer, in 2 wheel drive, vs 4 by...I only use it to Crawl over stuff in 4by, 2by is useless to me , but I'm sure it uses less juice IN 2 by since less parts are being used , etc.

·
Banned
415 Posts
I got one for my son for Christmas and I think I want one too, it crawls great and even rolls over easily just like a real jeep , lol

G

·
I have one for sale!!! It is new in the box and it came with 2 extra rechargeable batteries. They last about 2 hours each but like Superbowtie said in 4by it doesn't last as long. They are so fun but I ended up with 4 of them(don't ask) and I sold 2 already, I have one more. Wal-Mart carries them but they are on FOREVER backorder. It's $120 with the 3 rechargeable batteries, I think Wal-Mart lists it for $119 with one rechargeable battery. Of course there would be shipping charges but I don't even know if anyone is interested in it, yet. I also have the DVD that came with it. It is educational and kinda cool. I just looked at they're website(funrise.com) and the batteries are $14.99 a piece if you buy them.
I also got with it a rock terrain that you can put together in your house and roll over it. It's fun for a while but you gotta get outside with it!! When I looked at the website I didn't see the terrain for sale.
Anyway I thought I would post this here and see if actual enthusiasts were interested since it is sold out at the stores.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have one , but the steering more or less went out. It won't turn left anymore......I bought it for I think $ 40,But I cant remember because it's been several months and I wonder if there is a part I could get for it that would allow it to turn again, or maybe it would be more than buying another one .....Any suggestions ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts