Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 78 wagoneer with running 360 for a great price. It has what looks like a york lying on its side? I ask this because until i read a recent post I thought they were all upright. ??? Give me wisdom!

80 CJ5, 52M38

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It might be a York. They are a vertically orientated compressor but they can be mounted on their side also. In basic terms, they are really tal, long, whatever, and can be mounted either way. You probably have a york. I will try to give you a clickable page to look at for identification of the unkown blob in your engine bay.
www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/york_id.ht... [IMG]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/IMG]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it aint clickable. Oh well!
Good Luck

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
every wagoneer Ive ever seen with a V8 and AC had a york, if its on teh upper left side of the engine, with the hoses towards the fender its a YORK

lots of Wags used the 10" stroke york also

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of pieces right now

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
[remember......if you want to use that Yorkie for on-board air.....the intake port has to be the high one if it is laying on it's side. Incidentally.....the bolt pattern on the bracket allows you to flip the pump back to vertical if you want to. The stabilizer bracket to the intake will need a few monor changes/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.