Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I just got ny first Jeep, an 86 CJ7 Renegade, 2" spring lift, 258I6, M5, 31's, SS hardware, etc...
I've wanted a CJ for years and finally got one, I'm loving it! I apologize in afvance for any stupid questions I might post. I'm a decent mechanic, but most of my knowledge is from racing Hondas, so this is pretty different, but great!
Looking forward to hanging out here, I'm sure there's alot I can learn from you all.

Chris

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I came here right after I bought my '89 Wrangler YJ and that was a year ago now...I'm still here, and a lot smarter for staying! If I'd come to this boar BEFORE buying a Jeep I'd have ended up with a CJ-7 with 33" tires and 4" suspension lift, 258, and a better carb...oh well, live and learn! (We do a LOT of learning on this board and NO question is stupid to the person asking it!) We all learn something from someone's "stupid" questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey there - would be extremely interested to know if you get some trail info for up there in MT - what part of the state do you hail from? My folks have quite a bit of property up near Philipsburg, northwest of Anaconda, and it's all open land for the most part. The jeep gets moved late this summer, and my dad, although a novice at much of this stuff, at least knows that he likes to drive. I'd love to be able to help him out and tell him where to go. Any input?
thanks, Jeepgoddess

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey man welcome aboard /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif .... I wished I'd learned more as well Sycho, I would have found a CJ-3B, lol....

Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ 4.5in. RE Ext. Duty
'57/49 Willys Wagon Delivery 4x4 350

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome all!

Jaffer - How do I tell if it's a Dana 44 or the AMC 20?

Jeepgoddess - I'm in Missoula, not too far from Anaconda, I'm sure I could look around for some trails, I'd like to try them out too!

What's the best first Mod I can do to get more power? With Hondas you can get a cold air intake that gets you around 10 HP on the good hondas, where's a good place to start with the CJ?
Chris

86 CJ7 Renegade, 258I6, 31's, 2"lift
98 Acura Integra GSR, 14.9 1/4 mi, modded DSP racer

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hello, and welcome. I hail from SW Montana and have been wheeling here for some time. I know some excellent little trails in the Anaconda - Phillipsburg area, as well as many more trails more south and east of Missoula. I have never done much in the Missoula area. I would be interested in the opportunity to meet up and do some wheeling. I currently do a lot of solo trips for fishing, hunting, and hiking.

I also have an 86 cj-7 with MPI, T-19, 33's, 4" spring lift, and a D44 rear. In the works for this spring are new gears and installation of ARB in front, and some type of locker for rear, (not decided).

Enjoying Montana's Big Sky (& rocks & rivers & mountians etc, You get the picture.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.