Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I have been visiting this forum ever since buying my Jeepster a few months back; what a great group! It is a 1968 with 39k original miles. ( Now 40k, I drive it every day.) I finally took some pictures, so here it is.

Budd
68 Jeepster

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Budd,

Welcome. Can't believe you have been lurking for months without any questions. I guess having 39K miles has its advantages. If you're looking at unloading that beauty, I'll be on the top of the list.

Paul

BTW, where is So Cal are you?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul,
I'm in OC; we're not too far away! Any events/chapters in So Cal?

Budd

Budd
68 Jeepster

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
Nothing in Southern Calif, but I think there's enough scattered around to maybe do something.
Seems like there's about a dozen or so that frequent this board. Monrovia, near Pasadena myself.

I wonder how a roll call would go over with the powers that be?

Jim?

98% is Understanding it
"Don't Fix Unless Broke"

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Man, that's a beatiful Jeepster. Kudos on the great find. Mine's the same color, well at least the dash, under the weatherstripping, & the doors! I can only imagine what's it's like to have a uni-color paint job.

Caver Dave
'68 Jeepster Wagon
225, 3spd, & road salt A/C
Vintage Jeeps(ters) have Character,
new Jeeps just have payments.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Budd
There is an AJC-SW chapter already but I have laid low with it until I can get the other AJC stuff finished. We had a AJC-BBQ last year that was a lot of fun and I would likw to plan onne again this year too. may be in Sept?

AJC founder and president

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome, Budd. That's a really nice find. It does seem there are a few of us in Southern California now. I'm also in San Diego, just a few miles from psaam. There must be a few more folks in the area willing to get together at some point. All we need is someone to spearhead the effort. Any volunteers?

'66 Jeepster Commando - 4.1L V6, TH400, 4" lift
'96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'75 Yamaha DT400B

·
Registered
560 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Budd, Budd, Budd...you are truly my "NEW" best friend! It would appear from the great pics, that you have a genuine "RAWHIDE" coloured interior...probably VERY rare...never seen one in a JEEPSTER before...sometimes used in '67 & '68 waggies. This has been the colour of choice for my resto. on my '67 as I have a set of NOS rawhide seatbelts for the job. Your pics have afforded me a new glimpse into what mine will look like upon completion..Thank your very much...every bit helps the resto shop...Any chance of more pics to my 'e' address ( see profile ). Begbegbegbegbeg/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif. Congrats on your most excellent acquisition...have lots of fun with her...

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe

·
Registered
560 Posts
Budd..Budd..I mean "GOD"/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif, what colour is the exterior...looks like "Prairie Gold" maybe? Let us know pleasepleasepleaseplease... (Ya I'm certifiable..aren't all JEEPSTER owners in some way)./wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. Ops..sorry Joel..no slight intended...I mean the GOD part...not the certifiable part...I think...ah..quiet Dan...goodnight GOD...goodnight John-boy...good night Mary Ellen...Does GOD slept at night Grandpa?...

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe
JEEPSTERS and their Owners - Friends for Life.

·
Registered
560 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif I had way too much fun with that one..Sorry Budd./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe
JEEPSTERS and their Owners - Friends for Life.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Budd,
Your Jeepster is very pretty.
Does it love my Jeepster Yes______ No______

It should be in a commercial or an ad or maybe a JEEPSTER CALENDAR!

Beautiful!
RQ

PROUD! member of the EASTERN CHAPTER!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are all too kind! I visited this forum prior to the purchase, can't say I would not have bought it anyways, but the information shared here really made it easy. Chris shared some info with me when I first got it...thank you. Dan, I will e-mail you some more pics of the interior, but I do not know the official color codes or anything like that yet. Yes, you are certifiable :) Anyways, thank you all for the welcome. Jim, please let me know how I can join the club. Thanks again. P.S. RQ my Jeepster loves yours!

Budd
68 Jeepster

G

·
Hey Budd, welcome to your new addiction. Beautiful rig, congratulations... I'll try not to hate you for it. I'm pretty new to this thing too and these guys have been nothing but helpful, a great resource. Organization is not my strong suit but if you guys are getting together in SoCal I'd love to be there, I'm in Redondo Beach.
Brad

1970 Commando
225, custom dents and primer
pretty sure the leaks are factory

·
Registered
273 Posts
Budd, looks like you drove this Jeepster out of 60's time warp! What a beauty!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
"It's just a jump to the left (and then a step to the right), Put your hands on your hips, (and bring our knees in tight). But it's the pelvic thrust, that really drives me in sane. Let's- do- the time- warp- again..."

Sorry, had some Rocky Horror flash back there for a minute...;o)

Bobster
o O||||O o
71 Jeepster "Soft Top" Wagon (mangled)
71 "Partster" wagon (donor)
70 Jeepster Half Cab
01 Wrangler
56 F-100 Street Rod

1 - 20 of 25 Posts