Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a brand new 2000 Cherokee in Santa Fe yesterday for work. You know things are alright when your personal
vehicle is a Jeep and you get to drive one for work, too! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Now the only problem will be the temptation to go wheeling
when I shouldn't. /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Just thought this was worth sharing.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif That settles it! I'm deducting our SNOJEEP and all the mods off the income tax/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif I er...NEED....yes, that's the word...I NEED a modified Jeep for work,.....yes I do/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif....so it's legal/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif..yes it is.../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
HAHA - great deal, Brad. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. I rented a 2000 Cherokee while I was in LA a few weeks back. The boss saw my expense report, with the upgrade to 4WD on the rental paperwork, and said, "...Heeeey, what's this?..." /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. I said, "No bubble-shaped cars for me, baby!" /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif.

He just laughed and signed my expense report at the bottom.

Pete /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMT,9kwinch,homemade swingout,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI,one moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Pete....don't DO that....my moonbunch/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gifis laffing so hard they'll NEVER get any work done! That's good, Pete....real good./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
SEE, I TOLD YOU STOCK XJ's ARE REAL JEEPS/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
We bought our TJ with 6 miles on the clock (road testing). It took 4 months to arrive after we custom ordered it. It was 50 miles home from the dealership, on a Monday, and after test driving it and showing it off, we were in the woods wheeling Tuesday afternoon with 126 miles on the odometer. We now have 74K on it and it still wheels as good today (actually better) as when new. It was well worth the pricetag ($24K) and we have never minded making a single payment. Good luck with the new jeep, I hope you have as much fun with yours as we have had with ours.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifI still remember the first day I brought my TJ home, 9 miles on it, when it hit the driveway, a week later it was caked in mud. My parents FREAKED, they thought I'd broken it! /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Two years, 33k and a few dings from trees later and now they LOVE seeing it caked in mud, cuz it pisses off the neighbors /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifCongrats Brad/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Steve
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifJust Empty Every Pocket/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, now my only dilemma is how to get the state to pay for a 6" lift and 33s. Those 2 door Cherokees would make a killer
crawler, not much longer than my CJ-7. I "tested" the 4wd last nite, even with 28" tires it did alright.

Brad
ORC Land Use Section Editor
Get involved or lose it all, the choice is yours!

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
[ongue] You know, Brad....the truth is that those Cherokees ARE a VERY capable off-road vehicle. The new ones like you have weigh about 32-3300, and they can be jacked up pretty easily. Their rigid body helps keep things together, and they have a teriffic engine in the 4.0/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You lucky dog. The City buys Dodge V6's and they are terrible with gas. I keep tring to talk a TJ or YJ to them but it falls on deaf ears. I still hold out hope. Parks Dept should be in an outdoor vehicle. Envious in Fla>

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Brad,
Don't know if you are aware of this but both 2 door and 4 door XJs are the same length and wheelbase (165" and 101" respectively) unlike the 2 & 4 door Explorers (or as CJDave would say "Exploders")./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A city should definately have Jeeps in service. An example is where I am at right now. The city uses TJ's for parking enforcement and for city clean up vehicles. It's funny because the clean up vehicles are loaded with accessories like hose holders, luggage rack on top and back bumper, plow for snow and leaves, extra lights, ect. It's amazing how decked out a Jeep can be even though it looks bogged down. Good luck with the 'work vehicle.'
chase

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.