Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any opinions on this product. I found it for $600 new and I'm wondering if it is worth it.

I'm not interested in starting a new Holley vs Howell vs Mopar debate. I just want to know if I'm getting a decent product for $600.

Thanks
Mark F

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
The Mopar system is a D.F.I. design, and it is a Speed/ Density (S/D) system with input form a O2 sensor.
The Holley system is a full 'Feed Back', 'Closed Loop' design. The difference is small.

Both will kick any carburetor in the butt.
If you buy any used fuel injection system, make sure you have, in writing and signed by the seller, that ALL money will be refunded if the 'module' or 'computer' doesn't function, other wise, you may be in for a lot more than $600 if it's fried...
('Cooked' box is the #1 reason you find 'used' fuel injection systems.)

Just some thoughts,... Aaron.

When a fool and a wise man argue, Onlookers can't tell the difference...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not used it is NEW! I checked the site again and it is only $540, I'm not sure if it includes the electric fuel pump or not though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could you give me the location of that site.I want projection also. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might also want to make sure that NY is not going to start enforcing more strict emissions laws that would prevent aftermarket carbs. Here in CA, if its not CARB approved, you can't use it.

One other point. I have heard about people having problems with it. The biggest problem being voltage. If you don't have a good solid supply going to it, it doesn't run well. I think in some cases, you will need a DC-DC power supply to insure that you have at least 14 vdc going to it.

John......southern CA
84CJ7, 3"lift, 32"BFG, 4.10's, ARB Locker, Solid Axle's, Durabak

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not to sound uninformed, but How do the Holly, Howell, and Mopar injection systems compare? Drivability and fuel mileage are my greatest concerns. Honestly, I didn't know the other two systems were available and was prepared to buy the Howell. Please enlighten me, or at least point me in the right direction. $540 for a Holly might sound better than $1000 for a Howell!

jeepgator
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.