Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got in a stuck in which the front wheels were off the ground and the back stuck in mid almost all the way to the top of the wheels. After we got out the Jeep sounds like it is a Diesel Dual wheel truck. The rear end was on the ground during this and I believe water got in the exhaust. It is a 86 Jeep Laredo 2dr with 138kmi. Thanks a lot. If you have any idea please respond.

· Registered
2,680 Posts
Check for just a hole in the exhaust. I suppose water could do some damage. I'd get the header pipe off and BLOW. But then again, when the engine runs, doesn't any water come out?

If not exhaust, is your engine knocking, or running really rough? Does it shake more than it used to??

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your engine was running while you were underwater, then you did not take any into the cylinders..... which would be a very bad thing!

Its possibvle the backpressure on the exhaust wasn't sufficient to keep all fluid out of your system. If this is the case, then the water would be quickly dried out by the heat and air movement.

http:// [URL]www.rocky-road.com [/url]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.