Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I thought of an idea awhile back when i saw that the Jeep-L was having an UNevent at Tellico in June. I thought of the Idea of having a Jeep UNevent in the New England area sometime in the middle of the summer.
The whole idea behind an UNevent is to lose some of the BS that is associated with big huge runs and just get together for some good old wheeling.
UNevents have NO Signup fees, NO membership requirements, NO raffles, NO cushy hotels, NO people making a lot of $$ of fellow Jeepers. Its a great way to meet a lot of the "NET JEEPERS" that you share info and stories with everyday.
If anyone is interested in doing this in the New England area please speak up on the BBS and we can all share ideas and take it from there.

Thanks

Look Forward To Wheeling Soon

Kevin Speicher
New England 4x4 Club
http://146.189.121.83/
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Great,

I think the next step is to see roughly how many people we get, then decide on a place that will be suitable for the amount of rigs and where everyone is coming from.

Kevin Speicher
New England 4x4 Club
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kevin,
You can count me in too, as long as I get my new (to me/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif, I pick it up tomorrow/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif) 57 CJ5 on the road and registered before the event. I am sure it will be on the road, but you never know... it is a Jeep after all/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.

I am in Union, CT....

~|_____
__|____|__
/-/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif||||/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif-\
(/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif)-o--(/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif)

Randy 80 CJ5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in, just to meet all you folks in person. No way in hell would I pay the big bucks I've read about for some of these 'Jeep Jams'

Columbia, CT.

Grant
60 CJ5
80 CJ5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm interested. just let me know when and where.... I have yet to be out on a trail (just got my Jeep 3 months ago) but I've been spending all winter up here getting it ready, 3.5" lift,33" Thornbirds, winch,hi-lift,.... etc... Can't wait to get on a trail........

Steve

1994 YJ Sahara

·
Registered
593 Posts
You can count me in too...My CJ is finally trail worthy, in fact I just took it out to the sand pits for its maiden voyage last weekend.
I'm in Northboro, MA.

Absolut - Rochester eh?? I lived there for about 7 years while I was in college and at my first real job. Have family and an office location there. So I still end up back there all the time.

'79 CJ-7

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Count me in as well. In fact, I'll ask this weekend at the monthly ride if you want, maybe we can use the club's trails (Bethel, Maine), about 1,300 acres, from stock to super-modified. No fees, no memberships, like you said, just good wheelin'. We also might be able to camp on the land (while wheeling from trail to trail?). But then again, I'd be up to a little traveling if need be. Just let know where and when.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205/7" Lift/33" Swampers/D44's F&R 4.10's & Lockrights

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Count me in as well, I'm in Whitinsville, MA. I've been up to Bethel Maine many times for the Jamboree, and up to Martinsburg NY for that one, and the Western MA one too. All would be good locations for the event. My opinion would have to be that Bethel would get the nod. Great trails. (some pics on my website). Camping on the trail is definitely the way to go, and we could make a week / long weekend out of it.

Sounds like a plan.
Pete
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jeep_macgyver/jeep.htm
[email protected]

88YJ, 4"susp, 33"BFGMT, 9k#winch, rear homemade swingout, reb.258, 999, 4.10, weber32/36, GMHEI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Guys,

Sounds Like A Lot Of Interest. Yahoo. The place in Maine sounds like a good idea to me. I have heard many stories about Bethel Maine .Camping on the trail is the BEST way to do it, so YES JEEPN please find out if that is a possibility and let us know.

Thanks

Kevin Speicher
New England 4x4 Club
79 Jeep CJ-7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my wife and I have been wanting to take a trip up your way, and this would be a good excuse,, just let us know whear and when,, and if the schedule fits,, were there..... from Indiana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hi guys I would definately be intrested, along with a few of my friends
some with jeeps, are nonjeep invited?
84 cj7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm in. I'm in Queens NY. I'm sure some of the guys from the Long Island Off-road Club would be interested. I went camping in Maine a few years back with the family and it was the best vacation I had in a while.

I would love to go with my wife and 2 daughters (8 and 10) if that's ok.

Keep us posted.

Thanks.

John C.

[email protected]

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi all,
I (and my two kiddos) would be into a trip to Maine, as long as my jeeps' ready, would love to break in the CJ right!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

jimbo

'74 CJ5,232 I6,T15,Dana 30&44

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.