Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
1,730 Posts
Hmmm when I saw a photo that dodge sent us, I thought it was nice, but from that profile it looks ugly. I like the 2003 Durango my parents bought alot better. I like 99-04 chevys, but I really like my 97
Can't beat the 88-98 for sure!

· Registered
6,800 Posts
i saw that on tv yesterday and about choked on my breakfast... fugly! most cute-utes are used as mini-vans anyway, however this one makes a piss poor attempt to hide that fact

oh, and it's FUGLY!

but then again, that thing got a hemi!

· Registered
2,473 Posts
you can get the hemi in it......so there is one, count it ONE plus to it

G

·
Hemi= yank yank (unless your talking a original hemi....even thoug a 396 Chevell would still own one...but i digress)

Now if you could get one with a Cummins
Think of all the sockermoms in thier BOMBed mutant minivan things. MILFs in a rig blowing unburnt #2 and hazing the back tires give me a chubby

G

·
BTW and totaly OT. How do you like your 6.0? Any problems? I was thinking of getting a Ford but didnt because I didnt want a problem child and didnt know if they would get the bugs worked out of the 6.0. Lower front axel capacity was the only thing that worried me about the Chevy but I still have enough to cary a big fisher v so I still went Chevrolet. If Ford still offered the tried and true powerstroke it would have been a much harder decision. I didnt really care about power(although now I'm starting to get the bug
) I didnt even look at dodge since I was not confident they could build an auto trany and a stick isnt an option.

Got anything done to your truck? Them 6.0's really whistle like hell sepecially when you put an intake/exhaust on em.

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Um, I'd like to say they've gotten all the bugs out of them, but seeing how mine was an 03, and it was the first year for the 6.0L, I still got a weird one. I had to bring in my truck 2 weeks after i bought it, but it was just to get the latest computer flash done. It wasn't a big deal, but it's just like upgrading software on your computer. If its there, and it's free, why not? I really like how much power I have. Going from a Chevy 350 to this Powerstroke 6.0L, there is NO QUESTION that this thing has more power. 560 ft. lbs of torque. And thats the stock number.

I have 235 tires, which I hate, theyre all season which just makes it worse. My birthday is in 7 days so I'm gonna ask for a new set of tires from my parents.

The only thing I don't like about the truck is the payments, and I even got $9,500 off the sticker price.

The interior skins inside the cab are easier to take off than Chevrolets. I think the Fords look better than the Chevy's, but sometimes ya just can't beat the way the Dodge's look, (unless its a
Durango
).

Overall I love my truck.

Last weekend I found a GMC Sierra that had run off the highway in the rain. He spun off the road, into a ditch, up an embankment and back down- nose first! Both left tires were off the wheels, and the hood-grill-and lights were all jacked up. The only way to get him out was to go to the top of the hill and pull him up. I want to say it was about a 45 degree angle, it was really steep. The hill was wet, so that helped him glide up. But I told him to stick it in nuetral and i just put my truck in 4-hi and 1st gear. No problem pulling him out. Probably had to pull him a good 40+ ft to get him to the top of the hill.

Turns on the guy was drunk, didn't even offer to pay me (was looking foward to earning some quick cash). It was cold and rainy and he was trying to drive off, so I called the police to come get him before he killed someone. (I didn't know he was drunk until I pulled him out).

G

·
I had a 97 chevy and the skins were a PITA. they wernt really that hard but those stupid little clips
You always break or feel like you are going to break one. My 03 was much easier though. Yup....going from a 350 to this was a big step for me

I did a couple of crazy doughnuts in it and had some honda boys get outa thier car and stare. The old Z could light em up but not like this. I had about 900# in the back in ballast too......the box mighta had some help in the matter, 770lb ft will spool em up pretty good even with all the weight behind the rear axel
. My friends(in another car outside) said all they heard was a whisle then exhaust alternating between the 2 depending wich way my truck was facing durring the doughnut. Also had some Guy in a riced out honda pull up next to me and say"that truck is [bleep] mean" He was pretty cool and i didnt expect that response since he was behind me at a light and I jumped on her and he had to drive through a cloud of unburnt #2

I've had my truck in for a new switch on the trany and the 4x4 encoder motor being a biatch. Happy as a pig in [bleep] so far. Oh.....and that fuse i nuked when I was putting my box in it and I dead shorted the glowplug/AIH. GM covered that one though

So when you going to put some exhaust and a chip in her? Cumon.....stock aint no fun, besideds.....you cant have a Duramax able to run circles around you now can ya?
When we going to line em up?

· Registered
7,805 Posts
I feel so left out... I'm looking at buying a 96-00 crew cab long bed chevy dually for a tow rig and my only option is the 454 gas engine. The 6.5's just plain old suck... Why only a 96-00 you ask? Well I HATE the way the new chevy's look, I think dodges are the biggest POS ever, and the FORDs are just waaaayyy too expensive. If I had a choice of new trucks it would be a new ford superduty though. The used ones around 00-01 are going for over 35k here with 80k miles on them?????? And we have an 00 dodge 3500 with the cummins and the engine is great but thats it, that truck has more problems then my 81 year old grandma... And she has alot of problems!

I like it alot:

It's cheap to!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

· Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Heh, Ratlover, drive down to Dallas and I'll smoke you:) Actually, man diesels are so different than gassers. Sometimes if I romp on the pedal, i get like a 2 second delay if the engine isnt warmed up and then off i go, and then sometimes I just frigging spin my tires right at the spot. (only 235s, thats why).

Jason, man shop around bud. I got my truck for $36,500, that includes tax-title-license. Got mine the day before the dealer got their 04's in. Supply & Demand, they needed to get rid of the 03's so I think I ended up getting $9,500 off the price. And I didn't even haggle them. Duallys are just alittle more expensive, and then 350's arent much more. I believe the only difference between a 350 and a 250, is that the front axle is just like a dana 50 (is that right) and not a 60 like the 350's and the rear springs on 350's can hold like 800 lbs more or something. But still, I can take 12,500+ lbs in the bed alone, thats good enough for me. I'd look around right now Jason and see if there are any 350's going on a clearance sale type of thing.

I NEED NEW TIRES!!!

Ahh, I keep dreaming of next year when I can get a k5 and do some sweet stuff to it, but now I gotta make this truck payment, and buy tons of new equipment for next year's mowing season. aye yi aye!

· Registered
7,805 Posts
I have been looking around, for months. I won't be ready to buy till the first of the year so I'm still looking. It's just California, everything is made of gold here and everyone and there mother drives trucks now... Especially super duties, from high school kids to little old ladies. The 03 F350's are going for around 40k right now new here for a 2wd and over 45k for a 4wd. I refuse to buy anything new, just can't see spending that much on something that will lose value that quickly... I'll find something...

· Registered
1,154 Posts
If the crew cab isn't gonna be the tow rig for much longer, why don't you hang onto the allison and drop that in whatever dually you buy?

Anyways, i like that generation Chevy dually, and totally agree with not buying new, why loose 10grand the moment you roll off the lot.

Plus, you know it won't be long before you start chopping stuff up and customizing

· Registered
7,805 Posts
In reply to:

If the crew cab isn't gonna be the tow rig for much longer, why don't you hang onto the allison and drop that in whatever dually you buy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wise to my ways young son

In reply to:

Plus, you know it won't be long before you start chopping stuff up and customizing

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a negative ghostrider...

Only thing I would do to it is rebuild the vortec 454 to a vortec 496 and run an aftermarket computer. Still be smog legal but have tons of torque for towing. I'm actually looking for a 2wd so I won't tempted to do anything

· Registered
2,473 Posts
BAH HAHA HAHA HAHA

yup i tried that once too !

already got new tires on the Dodge...COOPER DISCOVERER STT's went on today 285's

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.