Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made these this weekend with my friend Rob Sitze from http://www.RnRfab.com
Rear is sturdy as hell, front is mostly decorative. Both are really well made! I'd been searching for a SIMPLE rear bumper like this for ages, and we finally decided to just build one. Came out great!
Steve O'

Attachments

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Just out of curiosity...do they not require backup lights and turn signals in NC?

I recently got a really nice rear bumper that is overkill-tough and based on the simplicity idea, too. The main difference is that it has cutouts for reverse lights and turn signals and is designed to retain the stock end caps (and their side marker lights) with very minor mods to the caps. I also specified a 2" receiver be integrated. I don't want to step on any kind of "official" introduction of the bumpers so I won't say where I got it, but I think the frame would bend before this bumper would

~daxe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Just out of curiosity...do they not require backup lights and turn signals in NC?"

The red lights are running lights, brakes, AND turn signals. Like a boat trailer. Lots of Jeeps run the single combination light setup, and its DOT legal.
Backup lights? We don't need no stinkin' backup lights in NC!
If you wanted orange turn signals or backup lights too, all it would take is an extra two minutes with the plasma cutter!
Steve O'

·
Registered
772 Posts
Rear bumper looks great. Maybe add a receiver.
Front bumper looks like it could use a little more thought/work/beef.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree on the front - needs more thought. it was mostly an afterthought while paint was drying on the rear bumper. No need for beef on it, as it's mounted at the body mounts. Won't be used for strength.

Rear will probobly get tow hooks underneath, at or near the mounting bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.