Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my mom just picked up a set of 3"x6" lights for my front bumper! She doesn't even like my talking about offroading in my jeep (what mods I want to do and whatnot)! I can't believe it! I have a list about a page long of mods/fixes that I want to do and might do it tomarrow, we will see tomarrow how the weather is.

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops, they are 3X5, with wiring a switch and inline fuse. It should be very easy, will be the third mod done tomarrow, first being fix one of my battery cables and second be wiring a switch for my electric fan. Should be a fun day of working on the Jeep tomarrow.

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Hey what battery cable are you fixing? Don't know what shape or if anyones replaced yours but you might want to take a peek at the one that's going to the alternator. If it's stock, replace it! From the factory they come with a puny little wire that isn't near big enough to supply the battery with the amps it needs. I replaced the starter, alternator and main power wires from the battery with 4ga and it made a big difference in the electrical system with power not dropping down and staying up around 14 volts all the time. Have fun!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what one, It is the smaller of the power cables. Might be the one you are talking about and will check it out. It pretty much fell out of the terminal clamp and is sitting on the terminal. When I hit a bump and it moves, It stalls, I have to pop the hood and re connect it, start it again and wait for another bump to do it over again.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
MIJEEPBOY,

hey convert all the power wires to 4ga. I used 4ga monster cable for car stereo's. It's $1.15 a ft but well worth it. Check out this link for the mod write up.

http://www.olypen.com/craigh/charge.htm

have fun man,

E-mail Me if you have questions on the conversion

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yeah use car audio wire, it's way better than that garbage they sell at auto parts stores. The insulation is more chemical resistant and the wire is finer stranded, more flexible and lasts longer.

89 XJ/lots of homemade mods...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the fix was done on the battery cable, using the stock one but reconnecting it with the terminal clamp, my battery gauge on the dash has always been about 13, 14 if I rev high. With the fix, it is at 14 right after startup, idleing, seems fine until I get bigger cables, but I will upgrade eventually.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
It's a replacement shifter knob (for manual trans) that is clear with a neon tube in it that you can switch on and off. Used to sell them but quit because they don't stand up to abuse well.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it doesn't seem to beefy, but the package says lifetime warranty, so if it breaks, I will send it back. It has a cool blue glow at night, I also just ordered some 20" neon lights, with a blue lightning effect. I want to have my jeep customized inside and out when I am done. They weren't too much so I bougt them. Next is a set of General Grabber A/T 30x9.5's, which will be on my stock rims untill I save for the rims, American racing 15x7 ar-136's. The list goes on...

Kevin

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Did you see what I did with my door panels? Do a search on door panels and the pictures should still be there. Might give you some ideas or heck if you wanted send me yours and I'll recover them for cheap!

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Kevin,

When you save up for your rims get 15x8's for 7's. With the 8's it will leave you with more option in the futher, not to mention a wider stance. Any yes i too had a neon shifter, it lasted about 2 months, then cracked and died.

have fun Man,

Todd

88' XJ
3" rusty's
1.75" Shackles
2" RE spacers.
Rusty LCA's.
RE adj trackbar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts