Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...will I doubt, or question you/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I went to Gomer Depot tonight and bought a 19mm, 6pt(12pt would of worked better), deep socket, and took my grinder to it. I first got a 18mm, 12pt, regular socket, and came to realize I'm a moron. It would never fit over the ballstud. So I used it for my gueanie(sp?) pig. Carved a bunch of metal out of it and left 4 prongs for the split ring. It worked, but like I said, wasn't deep enough. I then stepped up to a 19mm, and went at it. Just about perfect. It's hard to use a 4.5" grinder to cut the prongs. Especially when your holding the socket with your hand. O well, it worked/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Actually, we'll see how well it works when I slap the torque wrench on the sucker! I would of taken more time, but I'm sure the neighbors don't like hearing my gringer going for long periods of time at 2 in the morning. Thanks for the help, man. I'm slowly, but surely, learning how big of a dumbassed, little punk teenager I am. One more year and I won't be a teen. Does that count?/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

...man, what next? I'm going to go to slap my axles under my Jeep and not take his advice on welding the perches. Geez/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif

Now search friendly!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
yeh i bet the neighbors loved that sound two in the morning. Hey insteed of holding it in your hand use a vise man.

Can someone please bring me a hammer my 33's just ate my fender again. Damn i need more lift.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
James........NEVER use your hand to hold things like this (or anything) while useing a grinder. Especially a 4 1/2" one. It only takes 1 time. Besides you'll lose or post count when you have to log in as "lobster boy".
Better safe than sorry. (did you already forget your last trip to the ER?)

29" Thornbirds, pine air freshener, 401 to 2.5 conversion
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I've had to invent things to hold parts for me. I've used vise grips holding parts to the rear bumpers of vehicles. I've used the bargin bin .99 cent "C" clamps and a piece of plywood. I've used a pair of channel lock pliers held tight with a hose clamp. Muffler "U-Bolts" hold the round parts real nice. I hope these ideas are helpful.
dave

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know, I'm a rebel. And a stupid one at that/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif I have a vice, but our work bench ir underneath a heavy layer or junk, and there's another barrier of junk in front of the bench. Maybe I should clean my garage someday/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif If it matters at all, I was wearing heavy gloves. Thanks for the advice though. I'll try and get my vice mounted somewhere. Hell, I'm sure even mounting the vice to a piece of wood on the floor would work. Then just stand on the wood and walla!

Now search friendly!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts