Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am going to flat tow the jeep with drive lines off and wondered if there is a recommended brand that fits with no welding?
thank you
steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have one from Fluton MFG. Required some drilling but no welding. It is very adjustable so your holes don't have to be exact. I've been happy with it. Got it used only markings on it say Fluton MFG. Hope that helped.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was from PepBoys. Same thing, Just drill a few holes and mount the brackets. Fully adjustable also. No problems yet. I also bought the lights with the magnets. I was going to wire into my jeep but I am not the only one who uses the towbar.

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 V8/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might want to take a look at Bulletproof(www.bulletproofmfg.com), very nice setup but a bit expensive. About 350.00 for a new bumper and about 200.00 for the tow bar. What makes the setup so nice is that the tow bar is very easily removed.

John S.

·
Registered
360 Posts
On my front bumper I have two tabs made from 1/2 thick steel welded in place. This is were I hang my D rings for strap hookup points. Also have a tow bar that will mount here as well. Just remove the D rings add the bar and away we go. Works really well and multi functional. Maybe worth the fabrication efforts. I'll try and get some pics and post soon.

RocknCJ /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I have been thinking about the fabrication option too, sounds like an interesting setup ROCKnCJ. Would appreciate some pics!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
630 Posts
My brother bought a Draw Tite for $85.00 last year when he towed the '77 CJ5 I bought from him up here from Missouri. Not sure where he got it, but it's a nice one. I'd try trailer hitch type places or parts stores.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys!
you have given me some fine options to work with!
thanks again
steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.