Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need reccomendations for desert tires for my sons LT160 quad. He will be trail riding in Nevada desert in the dirt and rocks. Shredders? Turf Tamers? or?????

Thanks!

G

·
turf tamers are not very puncture resistant,great for mx but not the trail or desert, the shredder is a better choice of the two but the best choice for trails,rocks and sand are the holeshot xc or the xct. the xct won the 1998 best desert race tire.they are 6-ply and very durable.with the 160 i would go with the xc because they are 1 inch smaller and will not rob as much low end power.

G

·
the holeshot xc and the xct are both 6-ply the xct
are made of a softer compound,wear faster. the xc are
a harder compund,better wear. the xct have angled
outside knobs for better side bite. the xc have just
staight knobs. the xct's come in taller sizes to
increase ground clearance. i think if you put the xc
on that machine you will be happy with there
performance and wear.i run the xc's on my banshee and
have yet to end the day with a flat. (knock on
wood!!)

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. Except I just now found out Douglas doesn't make an aftermarket rim for the LT160. any ideas who else might make an aftermarket rim to go with the new tires?

G

·
they dont make them? is it the size they dont make or the bolt pattern,off-set? you can get the rims from suzuki but they will more then likley be expensive.what size are the rims? try ITP they make rims as well,you could try to call a couple of salvage places they might have used ones they are listed in the back of the magazines.if you cant find them let me know i'll give you the #'s. check the rim size with other suzuki bikes like the quad sport,etc. see if they have the same bolt pattern. I cant see you not being able to get rims with that bolt pattern.you might have to change sizes on the rim but you should be able to get rims that fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.