Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I know the issues of bigger than 35" tires on the TTB. Lets put that aside for now and just think about will it fit. I am getting an entire TTB tomorow which has a Rancho 4" lift with the extended radius arms. I know this lift will fit 35" tires on my truck because that is what is on the truck I am taking it off of. He has wheeled it with satisfying results. I have been daydreaming lately of trimming up into the body and installing 37x12.50 Swampers. The thought of these meats with such a small lift just brings a big ole grin to my face. I would accomplish the lift issue that is holding me back and off of some of the trails I want to attempt and I would be retaining a good low center of gravity for the off camber stuff. I plan to run 4.56 gears with the combo. I really am a tread lightly kind of guy and nothing brings a big smile to my face like crawlin over rocks. What kind of problems could you forsee with this combo. Any and all advice is apreciated. NORM

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
i doubt you'd have any problems if you run an open diff... i watched a jeep bust a ujoint in his d44 with 37" swampers and he wasnt even really doing anything, but it coulda been pre-existing damage i suppose. anyway, he was running a locker front and rear which really does add some strain to the equation. just carry spare axle shafts with you and if it becomes a problem sell the TTB setup and buy a you-know-what

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah. With that combo I plan on staying open up front. I'm thinking tha with those tires and a Detroit in the back aired down to like 15 lbs. there probably won't be much I can't tackle.
NORM

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Well, it will work, with the right amount of trimmin'. We all know the rear part of the front fenders will require substantial work. without proper offset, the top of the fenders (front mostly) will probably rub with a flexy suspension. And the radius arms will rub. On the rear, the front of the wheelwell will probably not clear.

And of course, 37's and TTB
......but hey, if you take it easy on obstacles and are open up front, it will probably last a while. Ya know what though Norm, my opinion, if we are just talking living with the TTB, I would rather run the smaller tires and be locked and surprise people with where it will go than run the bigger tires, running open in front, and possibly have more difficulty on obstacles. I guess that gets into the debate as to what may be more important for success off-road.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
yeah, 35's on a bronco will take it anywhere you care to go, especially with a locker in the back cuz that axle can FLEX. i know it's a little different because you run with a group, but i prefer stuckage to breakage 10 to 1! and when you're trailriding where the group has to wait on you, i would think it would be a lot faster to winch somebody over an obstacle rather than sit there for 20-30 minutes while they replace the axle shafts. i'm not going to discourage you, i like big tires
, but you would kick jeep asss on 35's so i dont see any reason to go bigger

·
Registered
920 Posts
I always say bigger is better especially skins but as prevoius posts, Whatever fits your style of ride'in. I myself like my 2.5 lift and 33's but this is what has done me justice for now.-Good luck-BOB

·
Registered
212 Posts
Norm- Your driving style sounds like mine, and I can't imagine the 37's being a huge problem if 35's aren't. There is less difference between 35's and 37's than 35's and 33's. I think statistically speaking, you would see a bigger breakage jump going from 31's to 33's than you would going from 35's to 37's. Driving style off road and on road miles matter more than a couple inches of tire diamiter.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
85NHBronc!!! Welcome back! I missed you! As you can see I have pleased the parts gods again and have been blessed. I feel I should mow this guys yard or something in return down the road but whatever! I owe Todd big and will gladly help him with any chores he might have in years to come. Thanx to him I will be years ahead of schedule. Thanx everyone for your posts.
NORM

G

·
I don't know if it makes any differnece to you at all, but my 85 Bronco wears 33x14.00 Boggers for competition and 35x 14.00 for highway and light 4Xing. It has absolutely NO LIFT. No factory lift either. I used the existing body lines to chop out +-3". The only rub I get is tight turns against my header pipes and on rare occasions with the 35's only when I find an incredible twist from going somewhere I shouldn't have even considered it will rub and even bind some against the inner fender well; but I have only found one spot aggressive enough to cause it to do that. The 35's don't even rub in my driveway! (my driveway is where I was wheeling and twisted it so bad that my stress cracks became unsightly strech marks!)

As for the question about if 37's will clear with a huge lift and trimming the body...Heck Yeah! I got 35's on stock lift with a cut body!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts