Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get flamed for wanting a PTO winch, I've got a 54 willys jeep with the D-18 t-case and a 6-volt system. Power steering for a hydraulic winch may be down the road a while, as is a 12-volt conversion for a modern electric.
So, I found this company around Ft. Worth called Peirce Sales, www.peircesales.com that makes their own winches. Has anybody ever heard of these guys? They sell mostly to wrecker companies, but the PTO winch they've got doesn't look too bad compared to the 50-year old models I've seen for comperable prices. Can anybody give some info on this company? The winches have a 1 yr. warranty, but I'd still like to hear form somebody. Thanks.

JR

· Registered
1,781 Posts
Do a search on 'peirce'.Go back a year or so in the SWB section . I know there was a few opinions on these and if memory serves me correctly they were all positive .

Summer is just around the corner /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, they are a heck of alot closer to Wichita falls than FtWorth for starters!! I have a buddy that has an electric pierce 8k and it's been through the ringer.It still pulls him out when he needs it to..Kinda slow, but a pto winch will go as fast as you have the need to go..

It's as close to a 1ton as it can get and still be a jeep!!! Gotta love it!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.