Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I normally post over in the Suzuki area but I am thinking real serious about buying a 1993 D250 4wd with the 5.9 liter engine and a 5 spd. It's got 83K on it and was used real heavy off road by the Forest Service in Utah. I've seen some of them old Dodges do some pretty good off road stuff carrying a full load of stuff. But I'd sure appreciate some of your opinions about this truck. The auction is June 28 so no need to post after 6 a.m. (CST) June 28 as I will be out drinking coffee, scratching my anatomy and pondering how much (or whether) to bid. Thanks!

John in Utah

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I personally think that is one of the best years to buy. It's a '93 so you get the "magnum" 360 (245 hp eng with MPI) and it's the last year of the old body style so parts from like 72 to 93 will most likely bolt right on--very plentiful. It's a very strong drivetrain I believe 93 (92 may be the last year-not sure) still had manual hubs so you get a beefy Dana 60 w/o a center axle disconnect. You also get a Dana 60 out back and a strong transfer case.

I'd buy it, in fact pick me up one too!

John
98 Dakota 318 5" Lift/locked 33" Swampers
74 Ramcharger 318 4" Lift/locked 33" BFG MT's

1 - 2 of 2 Posts